Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Been On A Broken Down Coaster?
Hercules

5/6/2006 11:29:57 AM
Just because a park is well maintained doesn't mean that there won't be a few minor things that happen once in a while... let alone some major ones (TTD )

The Lado

5/9/2006 8:53:43 PM
Yeah, parks can have power failures or glitches regardless if the park is well maintained.

As for me, I dont think I have ever been on coaster that has broken down. I know I wouldnt wanna be either.

Dalado.
nyeboy9

5/10/2006 3:55:55 PM
I have been on three rides that broke down while I was on them. All were at Disney World. They were

1. Spaceship Earth

2. Test Track

3.Tower of Terror
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/10/2006 4:04:57 PM
Let's see... the only coaster I've been on during a "breakdown" was the Vortex, while we were on the hill, facing into the sun. There was some sort of wheel trouble, and a guy actually had to walk up the hill steps, almost all the way up. I was sort of terrified that we'd have to leave the trains... we were up there for a good while.

Besides that, I've been on a good number of rides that were stopped due to schlubs acting up (one of these events occurred on the backwards Racer, thanks to me acting stupid and standing up while the train was still ascending the hill... sheesh, what an idiot), power outages, riders getting sickly, you name it. Most of this happened at Kings Island, but only because I basically spent my entire adolescence therein...
Scott

5/10/2006 5:57:20 PM
on california screamin, a palm frond hit the track near the station and sent the thing into estop for a few minutes.
CoastrGlxy

5/11/2006 8:15:45 AM
I was stuck on the Predator at Six Flags Darien Lake for at least ten minutes. Once it finally started moving I wished I'd never gotten on that coaster. I blogged about it a while ago... Predator at Darien Lake
iScream

6/28/2006 7:47:44 PM
To really understand my terror, you have to know that this happened on my first ever roller coaster ride. I used to be petrified of them (I love em now!)!. My friend had practically forced me to get on Grizzly @ PKD (yeah, go ahead and laugh). It stopped about 3/4 of the way up the lift and we were stuck there about 45 minutes. I almost started crying!
sowinski

6/28/2006 11:44:29 PM
I just had my first stalled ride experience last Saturday on Superman at Six Flags Darien Lake. We had finished our ride and were waiting for the train in front of us to load. It was frustrating. We were stuck there for 10/15 minutes and although we were within earshot of the ride ops no one told us what was going on. We could talk to people in line, but that was it. At least the people in line could leave and go on another ride. We just had to wait it out.
sharkbait

7/20/2006 3:33:00 PM
Wow iScream, on your first roller coaster ever?! What rotten luck! I'd surely be scarred from coasters for life if that happened to me on my first coaster, the Comet at Hersheypark. Good thing you still like them though

Anyway, I had my first stuck ride experience this Monday at Six Flags Great Adventure. It was on Superman: Ultimate Flight. We were stuck in the flying position at the brake section for a good 20-30 minutes... needless to say, it was extremely uncomfortable. They had to unlock everyone manually.. I took my sandals off on the station so I had to walk on that disgusting platform filled with gum, spit, etc. barefoot, yuck. At least I hvae a stoy to tell people, though!
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics