Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Six Flags advertising
mrceagle

7/31/2007 3:46:10 PM
Quote:
larrygator said:
Dear Mr. Shapiro,

Although your company is bleeding money and the stock dropped 20% the other day I have the answer to your porblems. Please refilm the flyover of SFNE for inclusion in your commercials. This is the surest way to turn the company around.

sincerely,
mcreagle

Great you saved me the hassle could you mail that for me as well? to be honest it's not just the fly over its that in a single 30 second SFNE commercial your luckily to see 5 seconds of SFNE. the rest if other parks mostly SFGAdv.

Coaster05 - I'm not going to argue your opinion towards parks you can like the parks you wan to like. You mentioned the Commercials for other companies. If they are generic like the Street into park one that was shown for a while were no real park was represented I don't care. It's Advertising a specific location but showing you other locations.

I really don't care what you think about my business sense. but the fact I expect them to properly represent the parks is less about business sense and more about feeling they should be true to your guests. And with the increase in money spend on Advertising they could have done that. instead you see one SFI commercial after another on just about every channel
coaster05

7/31/2007 3:51:00 PM
It is because they are a national chain. They don't have to represent each park specifically, unless they are showing CF or Disney rides they are not lying. I agree it may be a touch lazy, but why should they have to shoot 10 or more different commercials. People can check the website for the exact ride. This is just you being you and always ripping SF a new one. It is redundant and boring. Last year it was you whining about parking increases this year it is this. I can hardly wait til they raise season passes so we can listen to you complain about that for a year. Guess what SF also uses generic pictures on their park shirts, you know how I show my displeasure on that I don't buy them. BTW almost all public chains do that.
larrygator

7/31/2007 4:03:52 PM
estimated cost to shoot a commercial $500,000 - $600,000.

For these purposes let's estimate that SF profit is $5 for every paying customer. (Of course all that profit goes into paying off loans and debt but that's another story for another day) That mean a new commericial would need to increase individual ticket sales in the neighborhood of 120,000 patrons to pay off.

Not likely
ginzo

7/31/2007 4:46:29 PM
CF does similar things. For their in park ads for the souvenir cup at Kings Island they feature a picture of Xcelerator. They were also too cheap ass to buy new uniforms for a lot of Kings Island workers. So you still see some people wearing shirts and hats that say "Paramount Parks". Also, their "retheme" of the bathrooms included putting SUPER cheap ass stickers on the soap dispensers to cover up where it used to say Paramount. These stickers are so cruddy that they look like they were done on someone's ink jet printer at home.

All-in-all, CF gets a solid D+ on what they've done with Kings Island to make it their own. But this is just the nature of business. You do what you can with the budget that you have. Seasonal parks are never going to be of the quality that you see in Florida. Though I think SF and CF could do better.
Message updated 7/31/2007 4:50:02 PM by ginzo
bumprnugit

8/1/2007 11:17:06 AM
Quote:
King Yoshi said:
I always get the one where the kids are walking down the street and then rides start popping out from the ground.

Everytime I see that commercial, it looks like those kids are fleeing for their lives, trying not to be crushed by the rides. To me it is a constant reminder of SFKK's horrible accident on the Superman drop tower.

Canobie Coaster

8/1/2007 9:29:58 PM
^ I never thought about that commercial that way.
bumprnugit

8/1/2007 9:40:04 PM
^ I've been told I have a sick mind...sorry if I poisoned you, King.
Message updated 8/1/2007 9:40:48 PM by bumprnugit
mrceagle

8/9/2007 7:08:22 PM
Finally tracked down the new Animated commercials.

Standard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5zpp4X-b4&mode=related&search=

SFKK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtV-ZvjZb4&mode=related&search=

SFGAdv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk-5Yht-z6c&mode=related&search=
Canobie Coaster

8/10/2007 6:00:43 AM
Those commercials certainly are different, but I really find them weird and prefer the traditional commercials with real photos and scenes from a park. I haven't seen one on TV for Six Flags New England yet.
mrceagle

8/10/2007 2:15:00 PM
I didn't see one of those for SFNE online either
Don't think you will see them. They are advertising in Boston and have been pushing the review Oriented commercial.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics