Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author The Most Beautiful Coaster On Earth
BobFunland

8/8/2006 10:43:26 PM
Quote:
Horizons12 said:
I've seen a video of it and they run it for about 7 minutes with bairly any slow points.

The best is how they have the queue line up on the platform without much to keep an idiot from running onto the ride while operating.. not in America!

re Kumba et al - B&M track looks ok, I prefer the Intamin track with four rails, but still... they just don't have that stunning natural beauty that wood does. Wood is so much more natural.. steel loops ok I guess, impressive at times, but its not something I would consider art the same way that I would consider wooden coasters, especially under the influence of the guys at GCII or the former John Allen, who once said something to the effect of "well, it may not complete the course, but at least it looks really good" while testing one of his coasters
Animan1

8/9/2006 1:14:32 PM
I will agree that wooden coasters and steel coasters are aesthetically pleasing in different ways. Overall, wood looks better, imo, but I still have yet to go on many wooden coasters at all, and even fewer really stellar ones, so steel coasters tend to pop into my head first.
hrrytraver

8/9/2006 2:09:39 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:

the guys at GCII or the former John Allen

i'm sorry to mention this, but i thought the use of "former" was funny here. it makes it sound like john allen had a sex change or something. bobfu, maybe "late" fits the context better.

i totally agree re: GCII. those coasters look fantastic.
http://www.coastergallery.com/2002/DW16.html

--------------------
there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants alive right now. the combined bio-mass of ants on earth roughly equals the combined biomass of humans.
Message updated 8/9/2006 4:57:40 PM by hrrytraver
CoastrGlxy

8/9/2006 3:45:01 PM
To each his own. I think it's reasonable to think wooden coasters are the best looking, but I prefer steel. Come to think of it, I've had that same pic of Thunderhead as my desktop wallpaper a number of times. For some reason when the question was originally posed I took it as: What coaster could I walk up and point at and say that's a beautiful coaster.

You can't do that with Thunderhead. You can't really see how cool it looks from the ground. It's beautiful from the air though.
Animan1

8/10/2006 4:19:06 PM
I never realized how insane that 2nd hill is until I saw that picture for the first time just now. Wow. And I will 3rd the motion that GCI's look great, as seen here.
no cars go

8/10/2006 4:53:46 PM
I'm coming in here late, but I'll still just throw in my 2 cents.

Wooden coasters really are beautiful. I'd have to agree with all the GCI stuff. And Traver's coasters are also very beautiful. For steel, I think Arrow, Vekoma, Morgan, etc. coasters are really beautiful. I don't know why, but the tubular track appeals to me. Intamin track is cool too. B&M's are not beautiful to me. I don't like the way that they look. Oh, and Schwarzkopf's coasters... They are amazing. They beat all others.

--------------------
Enthusiasts only make up .000048% of the attendance at amusement parks.

My Coaster Count
Message updated 8/10/2006 4:58:26 PM by no cars go
BobFunland

8/10/2006 5:13:26 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
i'm sorry to mention this, but i thought the use of "former" was funny here. it makes it sound like john allen had a sex change or something. bobfu, maybe "late" fits the context better.

LOL I have no idea where the word 'former' came from!!

Quote:
CoastrGlxy said:
You can't do that with Thunderhead. You can't really see how cool it looks from the ground. It's beautiful from the air though.

I beg to differ.

... all taken from the ground ...
Hercules

8/10/2006 6:50:59 PM
I respect that arguments for steel coasters, but like it has been said, it is all a matter of opinion. Just like I think that Arrow and Vekoma tubular track is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on a structure. Whenever I see a picture of, or see one on person, I can't help but think of an enormous brown 1970's microwave with dull orange and green floral designs.
Animan1

8/10/2006 7:47:11 PM
Vekomas and Arrows definitely are near the top of my list of ugly coasters. And on the other hand, I love the look of B&Ms. Like Herc said, it's all just a matter of personal taste and what each person finds aesthetically pleasing. As with just about everything else in life, it is just a personal decision.

Ok, enough with the philosophical dialogue now, it's making me ill.
jdale

8/12/2006 12:40:16 PM
Hey, that gives me an idea.......
Hatham

8/13/2006 11:07:27 AM
Wow. I would say Boulderdash or Alpengeist.
jdale

8/14/2006 3:12:42 PM
Quote:
D3ath Cab said:

Wooden coasters really are beautiful. I'd have to agree with all the GCI stuff. And Traver's coasters are also very beautiful. For steel, I think Arrow, Vekoma, Morgan, etc. coasters are really beautiful. I don't know why, but the tubular track appeals to me. Intamin track is cool too. B&M's are not beautiful to me. I don't like the way that they look. Oh, and Schwarzkopf's coasters... They are amazing. They beat all others.

Finally. I realize now that I'm not the only one thinks highly about Arrow/Vekoma/Morgan coasters' looks. I partially agree with what u said about Schwarzkopfers, as some look old and ugly, others are sprawling and beautiful. As relieving as this stuff is, how come u don't like the looks of B&Mers?
no cars go

8/15/2006 1:04:26 PM
I don't know why I don't like B&Ms, they just don't appeal to me. I don't like the shape of the track. I'm glad that someone else does like the Arrow/Vekoma/Morgan track too, most people I've met hate it.
fergusonat

8/21/2006 10:31:22 PM
Morgan track is decent, but Vekoma track is the worst! My top beautiful coasters not in any particular order really:

-Alpengeist
-El Toro
-Apollo's Chariot
-Lightning Racer
-Thunderbolt (K-wood)
-TTD
-Hydra: The Revenge
CoastrGlxy

8/22/2006 1:37:08 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:

I beg to differ.
... all taken from the ground ...

Nice shots. But to me Thunderhead just looks like an above average woodie from the ground. It's much easier to appreciate it from the sky.
jdale

9/19/2006 4:42:22 PM
Tanks g
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics