Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Worlds of Fun
Scott

7/5/2006 11:15:16 AM
We got to the park at 9:30, thinking we'd be close to the front line for Patriot. Un-unh. I couldn't believe how full the C parking lot was! We got to the front gate and immediately realized we had come on some kind of Band Day, which was fine with me since I love the Americana of marching bands! These were high school bands and they were all in uniform. Anyway, the park wasn't scheduled to open until 10:00 but they were already letting people through!

I took a good look around. This was my first trip to WoF since 2004. I always love coming back, even if they don't have a lot of coasters. Worlds of Fun is such a pretty park - it's truly a well done *theme* park, with very distinct areas, great plazas, and attention given to the little details - those nice little touches that a lot of corporate parks are missing. On top of that the park has great landscaping, is canopied by lots of trees and lush vegetation, and a rolling topography that all combines to give it a funky kind of old-fashioned, traditional park kind of feel.

We decided to ride patriot first. We waited in line for about 40 minutes. We took the second row. Patriot is a very fun coaster, but it lacks intensity.

Patriot, to me, was just very slow. It seemed to meander around the course instead of racing through it. It seemed to have no pacing to it whatsoever. I'm used to a good coaster where there's a *WOW* moment, then you catch your breath...then *WOW* again, catch your breath, and you slam into the break run and really need to catch your breath and think "WOW! That was great! Batman does this, Dragons does this...Patriot doesn't even come CLOSE to doing this. Patriot was just kind of boring, IMO. It almost felt like it was going to roll back going into the brake run!

Anyhow, I rode Patriot once more, and headed towards Mamba. I am a horrible navigator. I ended up walking around the park for 10 minutes just trying to find mamba. I walked right by the entrance!

I walked on to mamba and sat in the back row. I felt very little airtime. I enjoyed my ride, but there was no airtime. I rode mamba in the middle for my last ride. It was okay. The trims really kill this ride.

After our ride we walked back over to the old Zambezi Zinger site for a period of proper mourning. We decided to ride boomerang once. No surprise, it sucked.

We then headed over to the Finnish Fling. I'm not too up on brand naming flat rides, so I'll just say it's a barrel that spins and then the floor drops out from under you. This was a good ride that also served to protect us from the deluge of rain that was now helping to empty the park!

The rain stopped about 20 minutes later, and we decided to ride the Timberwolf. Timberwolf was terrible. It was very rough, and not that much fun. There was also no airtime.

We decided to ride Detonator. This was a great S&S tower. We only waited about 10 minutes, and there was a lot of airtime!

We walked over to Spinning Dragons. We had to wait for about 20 minutes. Spinning dragons was great fun. There were even a few pops of airtime!! Good spins, plenty of laughter.

I left Worlds of fun disappointed. Most of the rides were underwhelming. They do however have a great flat collection.

Next up- Silver Dollar City
larrygator

7/5/2006 11:36:10 AM
For the record - Finnish Fling sounds like a Rotor.

Cedar Fair seems to have commissioned B&M to design less intense rides recently as exemplified through Silver Bullet, Hydra and Patriot. What a shame for the thrill seekers!
Scott

7/5/2006 1:42:59 PM
Oh right. You have told me that before. Thanks.

I'm not sure why B&M is desiging weaker rides. Even the weak B&M's are much better than most coasters out there.
Message updated 7/5/2006 6:58:09 PM by Scott
larrygator

7/5/2006 2:04:25 PM
B&M is designing the weaker one because that is what Cedar Fair is buying.
Scott

7/15/2006 1:39:15 PM
Awww, come on guys. I spent a long time putting this together.
BobFunland

7/15/2006 4:27:48 PM
Quote:
Scott said:
Awww, come on guys. I spent a long time putting this together.

I read it but to be honest WOF isn't the most intriguing of parks to me. Now, the stuff from Branson, that's a different story. I hope you have time to do that TR also

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Scott

7/15/2006 8:41:27 PM
I am working on it... Silver dollar city should be up on monday.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics