Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Florida Spring 06
BobFunland

3/23/2006 10:05:06 AM
Over the past week I've done a lot of walking and park-visiting. I've started to write my trip reports and you can view them by talking a look at my coasterenthusiast.com journal. So far, my Sea World, Cypress Gardens and Animal Kingdom entries are done and I am currently working on my MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom ones

would you guys prefer if I copied and pasted them here?

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Scott

3/23/2006 1:38:23 PM
I'd like it copied pasted here... It's not a big deal either way though
BobFunland

3/23/2006 3:13:46 PM
Spring in Florida 06 - Pt. 1
Date of Visit: March 17, 2006
Park: SeaWorld Florida

I arrived at Sea World shortly before opening - I got my free parking and passholder entry, how sweet of them! We entered the park and checked out the park's flag ceremony with the national anthem. The Busch Family and their parks are very patriotic which is very cool to me.

After opening, I ran (not literally!) back to Kraken and took four rides - really only 2 but thanks to the sweet reride privilages I got twice as many. One in the front row, one in the back and two elsewhere. Such a fantastic ride, still my favorite roller coaster in Florida.

I skipped out on Journey even though it is sooooo good. Instead I explored the park a bit, taking a peek at the penguins first.

I kept walking and I took my free ride on the Sky Tower. PRetty cool up there, I got some nice views of the park and surrounding area.

After that I walked around a bit more, and I stumbled across the infant dolphins, which was pretty cool.

I decided to watch Blue Horizons since it is so highly regarded, however, I wasn't the only one to have that idea! Thank God for Platinum piority seating.

The show was ok I guess - the human acrobatics part was really cool, but the dolpins part was pretty average (yet another dolphins show). I still don't get the alure of dolphins, but whatever - a decent show

After Blue Horizons, I decided to take off. I got my Kraken rides and I was able to explore the park a little, I was ready to meet Tom at Cypress Gardens and check out that place for the first time since re-opening. I had a good time at Sea World, it wasn't bad at all! I still will hold off until I can drag my girlfriend to Sea World to take more than a few hours there. I left downtown and it took me an hour to get to Cypress due to traffic and construction. So, until next time, see ya later!

Spring in Florida 06 - Pt. 2
Date of Visit: March 17, 2006
Park: Cypress Gardens
After taking twice as long as expected to get to Cypress, I was set to meet up with Tom (aka Shockwave/Non-German Tom at ThemeParkReview.com) in front of the Triple Hurricane Stand-Up woodie. Well, thanks to a punk kid who lit a small explosive in the bathroom near the convert venue, I had to walk all the way around to the ride. Of course, who is that I spot on the ride?

We rode a couple of times, switching seats in the back. Without seatbelts or dividers, you know the ride can't be too bad. It wasn't, and it was pretty mild. Not even my favorite junior woodie But it was credit #150!

We then wandered down to the Okechobee Rampage or whatever it's called and picked up another credit on a Vekoma Roller Skater. Typical ride for the production model seen a few times, nothing too special.

We then tried to ride the spinny rapids raft ride, but we got stuck and evac'd on the lift. Sadly, my first evac was on THIS! Why not something cool like a hyper?

From there, I skipped Fiesta Express because I feel dirty riding coasters I am taller t
Message updated 5/11/2012 12:18:50 AM by BobFunland
mrceagle

3/23/2006 5:29:20 PM
Sounds like a good day. all the Disney parks make a ful day if you want to see everything. EPCOT can take 2+ days to see everything. Thanks for the report nice pics.
BobFunland

3/23/2006 7:35:26 PM
^ I have no friggin clue as to half of what you just said.

From what I could comprehend, we did most of EPCOT, had it not been for 2 meals hour-long sit-down meals, I'm sure we could have done the entire park in a single day. It wasn't busy at all.
Scott

3/24/2006 5:25:49 PM
I believe he was trying to say that you can spend a whole day at each park if you take your time, and see all the shows.

And yeah, I agree... Epcot can easily take a day or 2.
Danny

3/24/2006 9:31:52 PM
Nice trip report. Those people probably turned down your Fastpasses because there's a rule at Disney that states you can not offer or accept Fastpasses from others. You can be expelled from the parks for doing so. Stupid rule - makes little sense to me. Also, why don't you like RRC being a launched Vekoma? It's extremely smooth.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics