Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Most Uncomplete Park
RCGenius

10/29/2005 8:35:09 PM
Basically the opposite of the most complete park thread. What do ya'll think's the most incomplete park that has a long way to go to be any good? Also try to add some ideas the park needs, but try to keep them brief. I haven't really been to an amusment park like that yet, but I know that there are a lot of parks, based on my research, which shouldn't even be recognized at all. One park that comes to mind's Six Flags America. SFA needs to have better management skills, friendlier ride ops & staff, & rides like a B&M invert, a spinning wild mouse, more family rides, & coasters w/originality. NO more coaster clones!
Message updated 11/1/2005 8:30:47 PM by RCGenius
BobFunland

10/30/2005 1:32:33 AM
Visionland.. its a work in progress. Few flats, only one good one (the break dance was pretty fun) and only one good woodie. Sure, it has a waterpark (doesn't look that good) but the park is just concrete, a couple of trees and a few flats that are fairly spaced. They have a lot of room for expansion and improvement, but they need some help in creating at least a little bit of a nice atmosphere and some better staffing. Still, its only a few years old, so I think it will come around. That doesn't mean it doesnt suck otherwise and isn't a wholly incomplete park
Scott

10/30/2005 11:42:52 AM
sfeg - there's about 2 trees in the whole park, every single coaster with the exception of twister 2 is a clone. Canyon rafting is always closed, even when it's 95 outside. Minderaser has an hour wait all day, most of the flats are closed, and there's only a few caring employees.

The only good ride in the park is sidewinder, the employees on that ride rock, and the average wait time is about 30 minutes.
Cyclonic

10/30/2005 1:15:47 PM
Is uncomplete even a word?

I think, Scott, he is not asking what you think the worst park is, but what park seems to be most lacking in roundedness. Meaning, what park do you walk into and say, wow, this place would be great if they just had X, Y, and Z. Like the park may have decent flats, and half decent steel coaster, but really a nice wooden coaster would bring it home. Know what I am saying?

In that regard I think Oaks Park is like that. OK, their steel coasters aren't all that great, but it is a classic, old park, half decent rides, great bumpercars, a darkride, fantastic carousel, but really, it needs that wooden coaster to really make it all work. A nice little out and back, running the length of the park, would really help that park and make it a complete park.

There are a ton of parks out there that have alot to be desired, and are lacking in almost all appeal, but there are only a few that are decent parks, that could be great parks, if they just added that one little key ingrediant, be it a wooden coaster, a decent steel coaster, the right flat, better family rides. I think Oaks fits right in the catagory.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Bring an end to the IRS! FairTax.org

Annoy a liberal; Work hard and be happy!

mrceagle

10/30/2005 10:38:02 PM
Funtown/Splashtown, they are expensive and offer only a few rides. Basicly 13 rides including 2 coaster. Excaluder Wood coaster(#50 Golden Ticket) and a galixy. The rides they have are prity good and a few are stand outs. Asrosphere, Tea Cups, and Dragons Descent(220ft Turbo drop).

They need more rides. at least a set of flats 2 thrills and 3-5 family rides. A topspin and Something S&S would be great. I'm not too concerned aobut hte family rides but they need to avoid usign land for kiddie rides at this time. They have allot of land and need to work on using it. eventualy a water ride woudl be good.

There water patk is way to small. It there going to have it make it worth going to. Remove the Rides from the land left of the entrance and move them somwere else. All a lazy river around the intire area. then fillin the middle with waer slides and a small wave pool
Canobie Coaster

10/31/2005 6:47:26 AM
For me it would be Quassy.

I'd say Quassy would be an above-average park to me if they did a few things;

1.Take better care of their rides as most of them are in bad condition, or always broken down.

2.Add a few new major attractions. Quassy needs a new major roller coaster, as the Monster Mouse is in poor condition and is now rarely open. A new, spinning wild mouse would be a very nice fit for Quassy. Also, they need more flat rides. About 5 flat rides would really help the park.
mrceagle

11/1/2005 1:06:42 PM
A newer Mouse wouldn't make them more complete. THe park is laking in solection in total and needs to Add right now not replace. Lets see somethign new that will add to the parks apeal then when its fesable replace the wild mouse. But keep in standard. A spinning anythign coaster in any NE park will be looked at as Comeing SFNE. So why spend the extra money.
larrygator

11/1/2005 3:31:29 PM
too many parks to name - stupid question
mrceagle

11/1/2005 3:50:51 PM
Then pick the two worst and work with them. Prity much all parks are uncomplete.
Hercules

11/1/2005 3:57:37 PM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
Is uncomplete even a word?

No.

I guess RCGenius has great coaster knowledge, but I hope that he doesn't proclaim excellent English skills.

I don't want to name a park that is "uncomplete" because I'm not sure what some parks are like. From the outside looking in, PKD looks pretty bad.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

larrygator

11/1/2005 6:09:58 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
Then pick the two worst and work with them. Prity much all parks are uncomplete.

nah, I have a better idea. How about I save time and resist the urge to post in this thread again?

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
RCGenius

11/1/2005 8:29:15 PM
My bad ya'll. Allow me to rename this thread:

Most Incomplete Park

Another thang Hercules. I've got a 91% in my English class, so I don't think that my English skills are horrible. I was just in a hurry to make this thread & I didn't really think about it.
Hercules

11/1/2005 8:35:49 PM
It's cool dude, I was just joking around I guess I need to stop joking around in this place because nobody can take a joke...

Hell, I got a 96% in my 11th grade English class and I'm not exactly Robert Frost.
Message updated 11/1/2005 8:41:22 PM by Hercules
BobFunland

11/1/2005 11:17:39 PM
I got B's in high school english because I was a smartass and I happened to get teachers who didn't appreciate it Anyways, that's the end of that, right? Good.

Larry since the question was "Most" incomplete park, I don't think its so stupid. I think that pretty much every park would be considered incomplete, but there are some that stand out as drastically incomplete

* on a side note I did get 2 A's in english at Tech, go figure
larrygator

11/1/2005 11:39:28 PM
OK, incomplete, then it makes more sense. Here is my list from the most incomplete listed first, I will only mention parks I have visited:
1) Quassy Park
2) Gillian's Wonderland
3) Jenkinson's Pier
4) Belmont
5) Timber Falls
6) Riverview Park
7)Deno's
8) Steel Pier
9) Sylvan Beach
10) Santa Monica Pier
11) DelGrosso's
12) Clementon
13) Williams Grove
14) Keansburg
15) Seabreeze
16) Waldameer
17) Idlewild
18) Martin's Fantsay Island
19) Mt Olympus
Hercules

11/1/2005 11:56:31 PM
The thing with me is that I can't really consider the smaller/family owned parks to be in the mix. They just don't have the resources to do things that the bigger parks can do. However things like customer service and atmosphere can go a long way.
larrygator

11/2/2005 10:18:22 AM
Quote:
Hercules said:
The thing with me is that I can't really consider the smaller/family owned parks to be in the mix. They just don't have the resources to do things that the bigger parks can do. However things like customer service and atmosphere can go a long way.

^exactly, that's why I made the comment that there are so many incomplete parks
mrceagle

11/3/2005 2:58:07 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:

This isn't completly true. THey may not have th eresources. but a park can be complete without a major(SF,CF,Paramount,WDW,IOA) size ride. THey could be complete do to a good voriaty while offering a littel of everything in the coaster solection(solid wood, fun family, and injoyable steel(looping)). I think they have a harder time though. but I find some family owned parks more complete then many smaller Coperate owned parks.

You point was verry valid though!

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics