Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Some california screamin news
Scott

8/7/2005 8:45:36 PM
Disney may be at fault... Hmmm.

State records show Disney changed two brakes in April – in the areas where a purple train passed through without stopping before colliding with a red train and sending 15 people to the hospital. The modifications were found to be safe by state investigators during a June 2 inspection.

But the ride's Swiss manufacturer, Intamin AG, says Disney didn't talk to the company about the changes, which is considered a good safety practice industrywide.

"If you need heart surgery, I would say you go to a heart surgeon," said Sandor Kernacs, Intamin's president. "Knott's Berry Farm would never modify a ride without calling us and getting approval. In the state of New Jersey, you cannot modify a ride without the manufacturer's approval."

News story

This is interesting to say the least. So, for all of you who blamed intamin, HA!

--------------------
I hear people talking about the "Good Old Days" and how they miss them. Well, "The Good Old Days" were never really considered the good old days until they were gone. So, it makes me wonder... is it the good old days now?
Written inside The Tower of Terror, one of the greatest rides ever!
mrceagle

8/10/2005 5:18:22 PM
Ya they worked on the bracks but lets wait to see everything before we jump to conclusions.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics