Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Friday - WOF - Short
Scott

6/21/2005 11:19:14 PM
After a 45 minute drive from merriam kansas, I was very excited. Driving along the highway right next to mamba didn't help either. You could see mamba for miles! I pulled into the parking lot. Wow. This place was empty! The waterpark looked very busy, yet the parking lot for WOF only had a few hundred cars in it! I scanned my ticket and walked in. I figured that I would hit spinning dragons first since it was right near the entrance. Well, every single person in the park must have wanted to ride spinning dragons. There was a 25 minute wait at opening! I skipped it and headed back to mamba.

I am a horrible navigator. I ended up walking around the park for 10 minutes just trying to find mamba. I walked right by the entrance! One thing I noticed while walking around is that the park is very pretty. They had nice elms and big cotton woods all over. The only place that didn't look great was near mamba. There was no shade. So, I walked into the station of mamba. There was no wait. I decided to take a ride in the very back. I enjoyed my ride quite a bit. It was smooth and fun. There was very little airtime though. I was surprised. I got of mamba and rode it a second time up front. I enjoyed my ride, but there was no airtime. I rode mamba in the middle for my last ride. It was okay. Thanks for running 2 trains WOF! I left mamba feeling slightly upset. Was it fun? Yes. I just expected more. Themepark review summed it up well. "It's fun, but just like a mine train." How can a hypercoaster not have some good air? Could it be those horrible trims that bring the train to a complete stop? Maybe apollo's spoiled me. Now, don't get me wrong. Mamba is an enjoyable ride, just not top ten stuff. The brakes ruined what could have been a fantastic finale. At least I didn't have to wait. I'm also wondering what steel force will be like. Hmmm. After mamba we rode the boomerang for our credit. I actually had a good ride. Good enough to ride twice. I got extremely disoriented. I leaned all the way forward on the restraints so that my head didn't bang around. It helped alot. I rode detonator. It was very good. The starting launch was very intense. There was also alot of airtime at the top of the tower, something I didn't experience anywhere else in the park. After that I headed towards timberwolf. This was the longest wait of the day. A whole 10 minutes! I didn't know what to expect. I had heard that it was rough, and that there was alot of airtime. So, I sat up front to get the smoothest ride. Well, timberwolf was okay, I guess. It was actually smooth. There was no airtime though. It seemed to crawl through it's elements. It was rather boring after the first drop or two. Since Thunderhawk was right near timberwolf I took a spin. Man do these topspins get you soaked. There was not a single dry spot on me! Oh yeah, about the ride. It was fun, but I was more concerned about staying dry. I headed down to spinning dragons. The line was around 10 minutes. Spinning dragons was very good. I can see why so many parks are getting these clones. They make great family rides and thrill riders enjoy them too. I thought it was very fun. The spinning wasn't as disrienting as some were led to believe. The only downside is the horrible capacity. After that I headed over to viking voyager. It was very boring. There were to large lift hills, but only one small drop! WTF?? I then rode fjord fling, which was an okay flat ride at best. I also rode the old fashioned flat ride where you spin around and get stuck to the wall. The name escapes me, but it was a really cool ride. After that I headed to a pretzal stall and ate a pretzal for lunch. I headed back to mamba and rode it 2 more times. I then got a little bored with mamba. I walked to typhoon. This was a great splash boat. The airtime on the first drop was great. Espescially with no restraints at all. I must have been a foot off the boat! I rode detonator again and got my wacky worm credit by stealin
larrygator

6/21/2005 11:27:05 PM
The flat ride where you are in a cylinder and stick to the wall is generically called a rotor.

Sounds like you experiemce on Mamba was similar to mine on Wild Thing at Valleyfair. Unfortunately, WoF is the one park in the CF chain I have not been to and may never get to.

It's a shame you didn't get a great ride on Spinning Dragons, every ride on a spinning mouse is a little different and when you get a lot os spinning it is great.
Scott

6/22/2005 11:28:30 PM
No my ride on spinning dragons was very good. It wasn't like MF but it was still very fun.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics