Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author My Ending Ratings
Scott

6/9/2005 11:45:59 PM
Sorry folks. This is real late. I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to write up tr's and reviews.

So, for those of you who don't know bob's rating system (ha ha, I stole it) Here it is:

= Great!
= Good
= okay
= poor
= horrible

So BGW first -

Prices - I thought everything was very well priced. Lunch was only 5.50. At most parks it's about 8. I got a lot of food too. However, the park entrance fee was a little steep!

Food quality - My lunch was fantastic. Just look at what I had to say about the festhouse. I had a waffle made on the spot in france too. I think it was france. Well, It was very good...

RIDES - There's not many parks with 2 rides that are in my top 10. Well, alpengeist will jump in and out. I'm struggling with ratings here. BBW was very good and nessie is my favorite arrow coaster I've been on. Curse of the darkastle was great and escape to pompeii was also a nicely themed log ride. The flats like da vinci's cradle were also well themed!

Atmosphere - I loved being in the shade all day. The whole park was very well themed. I really thought I was walking through france strolling down the alley's all day. They even had clothes hanging out to dry!

Overall rating - /

PKD

Prices - I got in for 25$! Nuff said!

Food - It was good. But nothing amazing. I could have gotten the same thing at any other park. There was nothing that blew me away.

Rides - I can't sum up my feelings about PKD's ride collection. Yes it was fun, but it was nothing amazing. Maybe I just got spoiled at BGW. Don't tke that the wrong way, I had a great day and enjoyed most of the rides. It was more Six flags like. They had many enjoyable rides like avalanch and grizzly, but they weren't enough to give it a

Atmosphere - I was blown away with how purty some of the park was. The front plaza was gorgeous. Everything was perfect looking. The whole park was shaded well, and it seemed like a fun place for families to go. Some parts of the park were actually a little ugly though. I have mixed feelings on volcano. When I was there I thought it looked okay, but now I think it's hideous.

Overall rating -

So, If you only had one day in the virginia area for parks, I'd suggest BGW. BGW is a much more relaxing experience. Besides AC alone is worth the trip out there. PKD was still very fun though. I still had a great memorial day weekend (yeah I wrote this part late)

Sorry this is so short. I'm extremely tired. I can't even think straight. My emotions about pkd are mixed. I can't get my point out well. At all. Sorry. Look for some reviews in the next few days (it will be a few weeks though)

Bye!

--------------------
I hear people talking about the "Good Old Days" and how they miss them. Well, "The Good Old Days" were never really considered the good old days until they were gone. So, it makes me wonder... is it the good old days now?
Written inside The Tower of Terror, one of the greatest rides ever!
Message updated 6/9/2005 11:51:34 PM by Scott
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics