Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hotel Check In Age
stocko182

5/31/2005 2:24:18 PM
Basically, I was planning a trip to Universal Orlando and Disney World with a few friends and ran into a problem. In Disney, you only have to be 18 to check in. My friends and I are 19 and 20, and to check into an on-site Universal Orlando hotel, you have to be 21. We feel thats its more than worth it to stay on-site, but cant figure out how to get around this. Any suggestions?

BobFunland

5/31/2005 4:14:30 PM
Yea, I came across that too. I was thinking that a trick we used to get beer in high school might work, but hotels make you use a credit card. That's probably the main reason that I stayed off-site, the age that is. Heck, if you want, you could stay in a good offsite hotel, save at least a good $50-100 a night, and if you like the perks such as express you can use your saved money on the passes. It's up to you, but that's just a suggestion, though I would love to stay onsite (I think when I go this fall it will be my first time onsite)
Scott

5/31/2005 4:16:32 PM
I just stay at day's inn most of the time. They aren't very nice but, hey. I get a good night's rest, that's all I need.
stocko182

6/1/2005 4:16:36 PM
I was going to try and book the on-site hotel anyway and just see if I can check in. I really dont think that they are going to turn away some kids they just flew across the country to stay there. Plus, no where on the Universal Orlando website does it say you have to be 21, only when I called did they tell me that. I could always say I lost my license and show them my college ID, but I dont know if that will work.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics