Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Day 1 - BGW
Scott

5/31/2005 2:20:59 PM
Okay, we arrived at BGW at exactly 10:01, right after the park opened. We headed down past big ben and the globe theatre and decided to take a quick ride on Nessie. The wait was only 5 minutes for the front seat and it was great! Loch Ness Monster is without a doubt deserving of some kind of coaster classic status. This ride is incredible! The first drop is a doozy - it's surprisingly good! And the tunnel! Oh my God! A friend of mine had me look up during the loops - you really get the full effect of the inversion. I was quite taken with the outside queue area and the huge Loch Ness Monster shrub that graces the front of the station. The inside of the station is really cheesy though! They opened the rest of the park 10 minutes early (It was only 10:20) So, we then headed towards apollo's chariot. We passed escape from pompeii which looked fantastic. So we continued on until we hit apollo's.

I HAVE A NEW NUMBER ONE COASTER! Well, number 2.

Some people say they no longer are able to rate their favorite coasters because there are so many good ones out there. But I am too young a coaster enthusiast not to have a favorite - I am obligated to have one!
Apollo is airtime in the extreme - much like Shivering Timbers. Like Alpengeist, I love the way Apollo is very different from its hyper predecessors. It mixes it's drops and turns in a way that is unlike any other hyper before it - it makes for a less predictable and more enjoyable ride. The use of terrain is also a bonus for Apollo. No less than four drops take you into a ravine, along the edge of a river, skimming along the surface of the water, and again back into a ravine. It is Cool Whip smooth - an ultra-lite ride! As for the restraints, I did not like them at first glance. However, after my first amazing ride I learned to love them. They are very comfortable and provide a great ride for everyone. Big enthusiasts may be more confined by the restraint system and therefore not able to enjoy the ride quite as much. But for me, it was the most freedom I have ever experienced on a steel coaster. It was like being tossed up on a bedsheet! Oh, just wait until you get a ride in the back. Another plus was the speed that the lines moved at. I rode apollo's for an hour and even the front seat only had a half hour wait. On a Saturday! One of the the busiest days of the year! Words cannot describe AC. After an hour of airtime nirvana, I decided it was time to try out alpengeist. We crossed over the rhine river (which was very pretty) and took a quick ride on big bad wolf. There was only a 10 minute wait and it gave me some time to talk with my good friend sean hardy, who lives down in north carolina. BBW was great but sean said it got even better at night. BBW at night is........ well, it's another ride altogether. Super fast, super swings, super scary!!! It's no wonder this coaster is so popular with the public and enthusiasts alike. We then headed back and hit alpengeist. We waited about 40 minutes for the front seat, thanks to fantastic operations. Alpengeist is simply an amazing inverted coaster. Every element on this ride is huge! Call me a size queen, but Alpengeist takes every element, every inversion, with amazing force, speed and height. I loved having the immelman come first as opposed to the now standard vertical loop. And the Cobra Roll, my God!!! From the front seat you absolutely could not tell where it was and when it was coming. And from the backseat, WHOA!!! I loved the Kumba thing, but the whip you get into the cobra roll is awesome! It's extremely intense - much tighter than the cobra roll on Raptor, and higher, too. You simply cannot see it coming! Finally, I loved the *flip-you-this-way* heartline followed immediately by the *flip-you-that-way* flatline spin. I got (I think we *all* got) amazing airtime on the heartline on Saturday night. In fact, everyone in our group unanimously agreed the rides on Alpengeist that night were sensational! Alpengeist, in<
Message updated 5/31/2005 6:56:49 PM by Scott
WAR2174

5/31/2005 6:03:06 PM
Good report Scott! I'm glad you enjoyed BGW. It is my home park, so I am partial to it. I am always happy when someone else finds it to be unique. It isn't filled with crap everywhere. It is a relaxing and very enjoyable park. I love rides as much as anyone, but it isn't the only thing that goes into a park. Again, glad you had fun!
Scott

6/1/2005 1:04:18 PM
Thanks.
You are so lucky. Why can't I live near an amazing amusement park? But, yeah, this is one of those parks that really blew me away with everything about it.
coaster05

6/1/2005 1:21:07 PM
That park is awesome and is in my top five favorite parks.

War2174 Your statements on parks is exactly how I feel. That is the mainr reason that EPCOT is so high up my list because it is relaxing and excels at areas other then rides. Heck rides at EPCOT may be their weakest point.
fergusonat

6/1/2005 1:36:27 PM
I live about an hour away from BGW, and so far this year I've ended up going there more often than my homepark (PKD) which is only 15 minutes away Busch Gardens is just that good...

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the park. Apollo's Chariot is indeed a phenominal ride, especially in the very back left seat. I dunno if you had a chance to try that seat out And I agree with you guys: I respect the fact that BGW has achieved amazing rides in a relaxing atmosphere. I'm sure you'll find that PKD is much more of a rush-rush type of park, Scott.
Scott

6/2/2005 7:08:07 PM
What ride were you working? I might have seen you.
Emmy

6/8/2005 2:02:17 PM
Hello War 2174
Emmy

6/8/2005 2:09:23 PM
Scott
did you go on the tower of terror at disney Word? i did and went A FOOT OFF MY SEAT! A little tip anyone ever goes on it make sure you didnt eat before and that you are not light weight or small!( that is a very helpful Tip)
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics