Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author General Tips Thread
BobFunland

5/12/2005 10:23:41 PM
I figured we could throw all sorts of tips in this thread, anything in general.

For example, I would recommend Streets & Trips to anyone planning a multi-stop trip. I finally got around to plugging in my stops and such for my upcoming trip, and it's wonderful how precise it is (when Mapquest has had issue finding my house, my grandmother's house in Myrtle). I think I bought my for $30, so to me, its worth it to calculate mileage, time estimates, gas expenditures and places to stop. Overall, a solid buy

Also, FYI, to anyone traveling to Six Flags Over Georgia, they are doing construction on I-20, the interstate that SFOG is off of, this summer. It wasn't bad last weekend, but eventually they will work their way back to SFOG and it could become messy when it gets busy, per my experience coming home from a baseball game last fall in another phase of the project.

Anything helpful can go in this thread: Discounts, travel notices et cettra...

--------------------
It's Playtime!
coaster05

5/12/2005 10:32:10 PM
Great idea I tried something like this but I think I titled it bad.

Here lifes most obvious always go left when presented the choice. It works incredibly well at the world showcase.
Scott

5/12/2005 11:03:13 PM
Okay, I have a few questions.
Has anyone gone to WOF before? My trip is coming up pretty soon and I'd like some info. Which rides get the longest waits? Is timberwolf a fun ride or does it hurt? Just wondering

Here's some SFEG Tips.
Head to the back of the park first. You can get multiple rides on twister without even waiting. Sit in the 2nd to last row. It offers the smoothest and best ride. After that you can walk on to halfpipe if you want and boomerang is normally a one train wait. After that you can ride a flat or 2 and then head to the free waterpark. None of the slides get very busy, so I have no suggestions for the waterpark. After that I like to ride the sidewinder because it never has a wait. I then ride a few more flats, get icecream, and ride their amazing carousel.
fergusonat

5/16/2005 9:02:45 AM
I really need some help figuring out this Hershey/Dorney trip I have planned for the 19th and 20th of June...I'm not sure what hotels are best or how close they are to the actual parks. If anyone can help, I'll appreciate it

And for tips reguarding BGW: Ride as much as you can during the course of the day, then at the end of the day get in line for DarKastle...that way you won't waste any of your time in the park. On opening day, they were letting people in line up until the very minute the park closed. Another tip...go to Trapper's Smokehouse in New France...it's the best food in the park.

PKD tips: There is a path that goes to the right of the Beserker. As soon as you get to the park, go through this path and it leads all the way back to the Congo area. It is one heck of a shortcut...
mrceagle

5/16/2005 10:44:58 AM
I woudl sugest to any one with larger groups to stick with Pizza. it's the cheapist way to feed all of you.
ThmPrkCrtc

$#@!& out of me."
5/16/2005 11:46:15 AM
If you have a cell phone or something small and you want to ride a water ride, hit up a vendor in the area for a plastic bag.. most of them have them for purchases and have no problem handing them out. Used this one this weekend
Chet

5/28/2005 6:34:46 PM
just wondering,
is there any way to find out if KK will be opened wednesday?
bb_dg

5/28/2005 8:55:04 PM
great tip mark... never thought about that
Hercules

5/28/2005 9:25:07 PM
Here is a tip for Kingda Ka. When going for something other than the front, try to get the second row of seating of one of the cars. Don't take the front row of a car (except for the front car of course). Second row is good, 4th, 6th ect. This is because the seats are higher up and you are able to see over the seats ahead of you more easily. Also, try to go to the second train in the station loading area that you are in. This is because 1. People haven't yet realized that there are two trains per loading dock so they just go to the first one that they see. and 2. It is cool to watch the train in front of you launch.

As for you Chet, I searched the website but didn't see anything that tells you whether the ride is open on a particular day. Just watch the Weather Channel
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics