Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author The Classics
WAR2174

4/10/2005 4:29:54 PM
Quote:
Corona said:
I despised Drachen Fire. Worst ride EVER! Period! I think I have mild brain damage from having my head cut off by those restraints...An aweful experience.

Don't hate on my baby, please. I worked on it for a little while back in '96. She was a bad mofo. Alot of people just couldn't handle her. She demanded respect and she kicked butt and never looked back. By the way, the closest thing in exsistence to what Drachen Fire was supposed to be is Kumba. B&M couldn't make 2 at the same time.

Anyway, now that I am off my soapbox:
First rollercoaster- Judge Roy Scream, Six Flags over Texas
Hercules

4/10/2005 6:18:29 PM
I think the ride looked awesome and I really wish that I could have ridden it. It is at the top of my list of defunct rides that I wish I could have gotten on. Granted it was an Arrow, so I'm sure headbanging was there. It would have been nice to see what B&M could have come up with though. It would still be around today if they had continued with it.
Gamling

4/10/2005 6:44:24 PM
The whole point of ARNR is to be funny and make fun of people. Hr's not retarded.
penguin22

5/4/2005 6:59:08 PM
Sorry Corona, but I guess a person who has ridden Drachen Fire 56 times cant have their own opinion on the ride.
Corona

5/5/2005 1:35:38 AM
Quote:
penguin22 said:
Sorry Corona, but I guess a person who has ridden Drachen Fire 56 times cant have their own opinion on the ride.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion on the ride. I am just saying the opinion is wrong. Is that a problem? Honestly...I shouldn't even care. The infernal machine met its appropriate fate...If its martyred...So be it. At least its gone.

Hercules

5/5/2005 1:42:19 AM
Oh that's great. So someone has an opinion on the ride, but it is wrong. Yet, you are saying that they can have that opinion, eventhough your OPINION is fact. Interesting. Here is my opinion, that's crap.

Well, my opinion is that it looked like a good ride. Now, if it had bad headbanging I wouldn't know, but I would have liked to experience it. Too bad I never did. It looked good and is truely one of the more infamous defunct coasters.
Corona

5/5/2005 1:56:53 AM
Quote:
Hercules said:
Oh that's great. So someone has an opinion on the ride, but it is wrong. Yet, you are saying that they can have that opinion, eventhough your OPINION is fact. Interesting. Here is my opinion, that's crap.

Well, my opinion is that it looked like a good ride. Now, if it had bad headbanging I wouldn't know, but I would have liked to experience it. Too bad I never did. It looked good and is truely one of the more infamous defunct coasters.

You can take my opinion however you want to. call me whatever you want. Its irrelevant. The ride was crap...I rode it. I can tell you it was the predominant opinion of people that actually rode the thing...not just admired it in pictures but never actually rode the thing. Its gone and its good riddance to bad rubbish. You may not like my opinion...and I am sure some don't...but when the rubber met the road, BGW listened to people with opinions like mine and found that they were well founded...I say I am right because the thing is now scrap. If the ride was as great as some claim...it would still be here.
Hercules

5/5/2005 2:58:06 AM
Ok. That is a valid point. But, it is still just your opinion. Sure, it may have been a majority opinion, but you still can't just throw out the opinions of the people who actually liked the ride. No opinion is necessarily right. They are just opinions. It may seem that yours was the "right" one, but no opinion is right or wrong. I was not calling you anything and I wasn't saying that I disagreed. I respect all opinions eventhough they are different than mine, and I especially don't tell people flat out that they are wrong unless something is fact.
BobFunland

5/5/2005 2:33:52 PM
Something we all have to learn: you can't have a wrong opinion, just one you disagree with. Next time, say "I disagree with your position", not "your position is wrong", because we all want to be nice, happy people and have peaceful conversations

Now, if you want to go to the FON and crate a thread about how bad Drachen Fire was and start an all-aout war with Eric, be my guest
mrceagle

5/9/2005 1:12:02 AM
Lets get back on subject. Cyclone Coney Island is always going to be on top. other good ones include Comet at Great Escape, Wildcat at Lake Compounce, I'd even through in the Yankee Cannonball at Canobie Lake and its sister, Cannonball at Lake Winnie.
coasterwom

5/20/2006 2:03:05 AM
My first coaster was the Jumbo Jet at Cedar Point and my second coaster was The Gemini at Cedar Point. This is the coaster that got me hooked.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics