Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Sea World
Scott

1/3/2005 12:56:34 PM
It was awful. Just awful... I said good-bye to my family at the airport and headed to my hotel. Up until this point I had been pretty confident staying at Days Inn, using their sunburst rating system. I was confident that this hotel would be nice because it was rated 4 out of 5 sunbursts, and i'd only stay at ones above 3. I walked in-to a cheap looking lobby and waited for someone to come check me in. Well, 4 minutes passed and no-one had come... After another 3 minutes a young teen-age girl came in after a long smoke. I walked in-to my room and tried to find a light that would turn on. After fumbling around in the dark I found 1 light that would actually work. I then walked in-to the bath-room and turned on the flickering light. I noticed a cracked toilet and dead flies underneath the light. I wondered if a cleaning lady had ever bothered to report it... the dead-bolt on my door was broken and my T.V. had 9 working stations. The web-site had claimed that this hotel was with-in walking distance of Sea World and it was actually 4 miles away! When I woke up I found out that my air conditioner had leaked drenching all of my bags! I spent an hour cleaning out my bags and headed down for my free breakfast! When I got down all that was left was a small bagel and muffin! Days Inn has seen their last dollar from me! I stormed out of the hotel and checked in-to the nearby Hilton at the outrageous price of $209! I then headed to Sea-World at about 9:30! Once in the park I headed straight to Kraken. The wait sign said it was an hour but the line wasn't too bad. I sat in the fourth row, and started going up the hill! The huge loop scared the heck out of me, but besides that it was pretty boring. The dive loop was a little rough and the zero-G roll was pretty intense. The mist filled tunnels were blinding and the corckscrew just banged my head around. Once off I saw that the line was 70 minutes so re-rides would be unlikely. I headed over to Journey to Atlantis and waited about 45 minutes. The ride was pretty boring though. Nothing surprised me and the coaster part was boring... Just a small drop and twist. I don't even know why I continued re-riding those 2 coasters. The only highlight of my day was when I met one of my fellow Colorado coaster buddies, where I was forced to endure yet another ride on Journey to Atlantis and Kraken. I left my friend and went down to a section of Sea World called Key West. I sat under an ordinary palm and drank tropical smoothies, praying for my day to end. A cute dolphin swam up to me making an annoying acking sound. A near-by trainer said that I was supposed to rub it under it's chin. I did for almost 10 minutes until my hand was sore. I then went back to my beach chair. The trainer started making a speach about dolphins that was piped out of a sound system way to loudly, eliminating my chance of a nap. Hoping to brighten my spirits I walked around the park. There was nothing amazing... Just your typical token landscaping... How typical of Busch. How boring. How droll. Wild Artic was cold... I could get that back home. And the simulator seemed outdated. Terrors of the deep wasn't enchanting as most said and my fish tank at home is more exciting. I decided that I would ride Kraken once more and the head home. Well the wait was 90 minutes (stupid Christmas crowds) so I headed to the airport... 3 hours early. But this trip did bring my coaster count up too 141!

--------------------
Scott Kucharski
Message updated 1/4/2005 12:47:42 PM by Scott
ibluv

1/3/2005 5:31:50 PM
I'm sorry your trip was less than enjoyable, and that Kraken was disappointing (it LOOKS like it would be really fun, but looks can be deceiving). Next time I'm in Florida looking for a hotel I'll remember to steer clear of Days Inn!!!
Scott

1/3/2005 8:07:50 PM
It wasn't exactly disappointing just a little rough and not worth a 90 minute wait. Although it was fun it lacked the consistency i've come to expect from B&M.
ibluv

1/4/2005 3:43:15 PM
Maybe the roughness wasn't because of the coaster itself but due to lack of maintenance.
Scott

1/4/2005 5:56:52 PM
Busch keeps their coasters well run, it just doesn't quite flow and at points it jolts. Although, when I sat in the front it was smooth.
Docter

1/4/2005 6:53:26 PM
where was the Days Inn located,like the address.
Scott

1/4/2005 7:20:17 PM
The days in on International drive. It's address was 7,200 International Drive, Orlando Fl, 32819 us.
Docter

1/5/2005 6:04:29 PM
The reason I ask is because i have a liitle book lit that shows all the Florida hotels and I found the days inn were you stayed at.It didnt say anything about the inn.All surronding adds said FREE BRAKEFAST,and stuff like that.This one said nothing but but the address and how much it coast to stay,nothing else.o ya it showed a picture of a pool.
Scott

1/5/2005 6:52:28 PM
Doesn't sound very nice huh?
ibluv

1/5/2005 8:57:06 PM
Sounds shady to me
Scott

1/6/2005 2:20:23 PM
yup...
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics