Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Disney Land!
Scott

12/17/2004 11:08:39 PM
After a short 2 hour flight and drive to my hotel from LAX, I could finally sleep! After 6 hours of sleep I woke up to find it raining I figured that It would clear up (as it does most of the time) so I headed to Disney's California Adventure! When I bought my ticket it was still cold and rainy, It didn't look like the weather was gonna get better either. While waiting for the park to open I talked to a few nice people who immediatly identified me as a tourist. I asked how they knew and they said "Anyone who's wearing shorts today is a tourist!" Come on people! It was 72 outside and people looked like thay were preparing themselves for an Ice Age! I met another man while waiting in line from San Diego and he said "I like it cold, like low 70's!" LOL The park gates opened at 8:30 but the only ride open was Soarin. I really enjoyed this awe inspiring ride (please see review). While getting off of soarin the rest of the park opened. I headed over to TOT to get a Fast Pass and then walked over to Screamin. The wait for this was about 20 minutes for the front so I decided to use a FP for this later. Once on, our train got stuck in the station for almost 5 minutes (it was something about a girl who had some problem and couldn't go on it). I really enjoyed my 8 rides on this coaster (all in the front, of course). It's something about the front that makes this such a great ride. You can see my review of this ride also. I then got a FP for that and rode the maliboomer (see review). This was nothing impressive but still fun... After that I headed over to TOT. I didn't enjoy this as much as the Florida one but it was still fun. You can also see my review of this too. I then headed back over to Soarin to get a FP for that. After that I headed over to Screamin and once again sat in the front. I then headed over to the Sun Wheel, a surprisingly fun swinging ferris wheel. Next up was the orange stinger, a pretty typical swing ride with an annoying bee theme. After that I did soarin again and had lunch. At this time it was about 76 and people were still walking around wearing coats, while I was sweating in shorts! I headed over to the Mission Tortilla Factory and had a delicious taco! At this point Screamin was broken resulting in a 40 minute wait for the park's other coaster, "Mulhulland Madness". I opted for a fast pass and just stayed in the area. I rode the Golden Zephyr and then used my Fast Pass. It seemed as if people thought that you had to pay for FP because no-one was using it. I enjoyed Mulhulland Madness, but they have clones of this everywhere. I found the theming on this to be really funny and corny! I saw that Screamin had opened up again so I headed over there. When I got there I walked right up to the front seat and enjoyed a nightime ride! This coaster is alot better at night because of the cool lighting and the aspect of flying through the dark! I ate dinner at the steak-house they had there and rode TOT 1 last time! This is a bit more fun at night because you can see all of the really cool glowing lights of the park before you drop. I watched the holiday parade, which was really cool! Donald duck had a snow machine and he was aiming it at the palm trees! It was really funny because the trees all had an inch of snow on them and it was still really warm! I then left CA and headed over to Disney-Land! I was informed that Space Mountain was closed and being rebuilt the instant I walked in the park. I don't see why disney had too do this, but I guess it's for the better. I decided to walk over to the Matterhorn. I enjoyed the Matterhorn, it has good pacing and the splash down at the end was a nice surprise! I then walked over to the castle and watched the parade and fireworks. Near the end the castle was slowly lit up, It was an amazing, pretty sight! I thought of my childhood memories and I began to cry! It was so amazing to see mickey and all of his friends under the castle dancing and singing! I loved it! People were star
Message updated 1/8/2005 12:15:39 AM by Scott
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
12/29/2004 10:33:53 PM
Great report, Scott - I myself would love to check out DisneyLand - sounds like something of a trip back in time. Oh, and yes - nothing wrong with a 26-year-old crying out of happiness!
Scott

12/30/2004 12:59:38 AM
Thanks I was hoping someone would respond...
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/6/2005 10:44:34 PM
Ah, don't feel bad - it took forever for my Keansburg report to get noticed!
tacoking

1/7/2005 10:42:45 PM
Quote:
adriahna said:
nothing wrong with a 26-year-old crying out of happiness!

Well, Disney does that kind of stuff to you.....

Brilliant bastards....

--------------------

Revenge of the Mummy is the greatest ride ever!
Message updated 1/7/2005 10:42:56 PM by tacoking
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics