Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Santa’s Village trip 12-12-04
mrceagle

12/14/2004 11:31:51 PM
We left early are expecting to get slowed down by weather and traffic. We found none. Given the fact we were running so early we my brother and I went the long way to the park. We drove past Clark’s Trading Post. It was unusual to see the park covered with snow. The train cars were set in the bridge and the new attraction, Old man in the Mountain Climbing wall looked great. It was the first time I had seen it.

We stayed on the main road (115) this brought us right past Six Gun City. The new Coaster could be seen from the road along with a new water slide. The coaster is huge compared to the wisdom Coasters I’m used to seeing about. If any of you have ever seen a Wisdom orient express you to would be blown away when you see the double spiral lift hill reaching some 35ft into the air. The new style train maid for this coaster could still be seen on the track. I will definitely make a trip to This park when it reopens.

We got to the park about an hour early. Admission was 19.50 for Adults. So we walked around and looked at the few ride you can see form the parking lot. Being there so early meant that when they opened for the day we were the first to enter the park. We went straight for SS Peppermint twist, The parks Zamperla Rockn’ Tug. They weren’t ready to open yet. Technical problems delayed the opening of Santa’s Skyway slay for about an hour as well.

We went on Holly humbug Adventure. Raked up a few thousand points each time. And went back to the SS Peppermint twist. They had just cleared it to open. With snow falling we boarded for our first ever ride. This ride is allot of fun better then most Family ride out there. By the end of the day we had 28 ride on it and had spent the last 35 minutes of the operating day on it.

All the rides were open except for the Water rides and the Coaster. The coaster had been open the day before but since it was snowing they couldn’t run it. Moisture is a big problem for the Zierer Coasters.

We hit basically every ride twice. 7 hours is more then enough time to get through this park even in the summer. The lights were great and they seamed to have added allot more from the last time I did this 2 years ago. The park really did come alive at night.

The Tinkerdoodle 3D movie had a new intro. Not as good as the original setup. The movie is as good as Evan and they seem to have fixed some of the shadowing problems they had had. Another pleasant surprise is they have new Antique cars. They dumped their banged up Arrows and got used Golds. They drive pretty good. I’m sure they will drive even better in the summer when it’s dry.

The day over all was great.

All the food was very good except for the fries, which were ok. Drinks were 1.35 for a large. We had French Fries at Bergermister (2.00), later wee had Hot Chocolate (1.50) which was some of the best I have ever had. We got an order of their Prefried Fired Dough (2.75). these items can be found at Donor’s Delights. Later that night we got Pizza for Dinner (9.75 14in pepperoni).

If you have time to hit Santa’s village on Saturday the 18th, go it’s worth the trip. If not make plans next year if you in the New England area.

Cool things I found out while at the park. They got new Antique cars, like I mentioned earlier, they have Golds now. I also found out the manufacturers of a couple of their rides. The mono rail (Santa’s Skyway Sleigh) was built by Hopkins. This company is known for water rides and haven’t maid any actual rides. There Dark ride was made by Barberi. They no longer have the plain deer. They have sold them and now have a team of raindeer. They own 19 and may have as many as 8 come spring.

The park also has begun construction on the new Barn and it will be finished soon. The park will also build Santa’s Workshop. Santa will be moving into the new building and it will be more interactive and be able to handle the crowds. I’m trying to get more information on this new build
ibluv

12/15/2004 8:33:32 PM
That's so awesome that the park stays open til december (although it is a Christmas park). I wish more parks in New England would stay open longer, cuz the cold doesn't bother me any and I suffer from roller coaster withdrawal during the winter. I have to fly down to Florida every year to get my winter fix or else I go crazy!

--------------------
"Man plans, God laughs." -Anon
Scott

12/15/2004 9:04:27 PM
mrceagle, Hopkins made a few coasters... Do you live close to this park (it sounds like a waste) and if so how is the coaster. Explain some of the rides please!
mrceagle

1/12/2005 10:19:51 PM
Hopkins Didn't make Santa"s Villag's Coaster. they have a Ziere Double Figure 8. Hopkins dose make the coaster at Story Land(polor Coaster).

I don't live close I'm about 2.5 hours away. butwe got there quick this year. I live in Nahsua at the very bottom of NH. The park is in jeferson past the franconia notch region.

mrceagle

1/12/2005 10:25:12 PM
More info
My 2003 trip report

New rides from this last trip would be Fire Brigade(not operatign in Winter), Rainder Barn(new for 2005) and S.S. Peppermint twist(Zamperla Rockn' Tug).

The barn is Beutifull and will act as a gate wat to Santa's workshop in the comign years. The rockn' Tug is one of the best family rides out there. nice sensation and good movment. The fire bragade dosn't look that great but I'll find out next summer.

ibluv- Though they are open in December they still shut down Early October(columbus Day Weekend and November. they then close down for the rest of the winter.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics