Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Miami and Boomers!
Scott

11/30/2004 7:19:41 PM
After weeks of waiting and planning it was finally time for my Thangsgiving trip to Florida. After my incredibly bumpy flight it started pouring rain. I figured my vacation could still get better even though the forecast was terrible. As I drove to my hotel I passed by a really nice looking wood coaster and a go kart track (I figured I'd hit it when the rain stopped). I finally arrived at my hotel, I had no clue what to expect from this hotel all I knew was that it was a Sheraton. I walked into the hotel and it seemed pretty nice (I was thrilled with this because I only paid 70$ a night). Even better was that I got a room with a gorgeous view of the ocean and patio on the top floor! After that I went out to dinner at a nice place called "Breakers on the beach". I had a nice dinner with outstanding service and food. The rain had let up a little bit so I decided to walk along the beach. While I was heading back to my hotel the skys opened up and it began to pour again I went to bed soaking wet and woke up the next morning to find it cloudy. I figured this may be my only good day at the beach so I decided to head down to the beach. The first thing I noticed was the cool pool (the pool had glass windows on the bottem and you could see the hotel's bar while you swam). The next thing I saw was the gorgeous beach. I got a chair right underneath a palm tree with perfect views of the ocean. The sun came out at about 11 and it rained only a little bit more that day. One nice thing about this hotel was I got free smoothies because I'm a Starwood preferred member I had a nice Thanksgiving dinner that night at my hotel's steakhouse (I also watched people swim in the pool from the underwater window things). The next day was perfect weather (high 80s and sun). I relaxed and had 6 free smoothies while in the pool. I swam in the ocean and watched a kid try to skim board (it was really funny because he fell down a lot). That night I had a good dinner at a crab house (can't remember the name). Saturday was beautiful and relaxing (not much different then other days). That night I went to Boomers and rode the Dania Beach Hurricane. I bought an all night pass for 10$ and rode it for a long time. I really enjoyed this coaster, I sat in the front seat almost all the time and got great air. I loved how smooth, fast, and fun this coaster was. On my last ride of the night I left about 7 inches of space between me and the lapbar, WOW! I flew out of my seat on every hill, the bunny hops truely scared me. I bought an on ride photo, my face looks hilarious! My biggest complaint was that the operators only let 24 people in the station at a time. This caused a problem because most people wanted the front or back. Boomers also had a pretty nice go kart track. I crashed into a fence post while riding this and hurt my knee pretty badly. The mini golf course looked average so I decided to skip it. There was an arcade with a fun motion simulator and typical arcade games. Boomers is an O.K. park with a fun coaster at a good price. I left florida last Sunday and came back to Denver with 8 inches of snow on my car. Man how I want to live on the beach!

--------------------
Scott Kucharski
Message updated 12/1/2004 9:44:07 AM by Scott
tacoking

12/7/2004 8:08:32 PM
DB Hurricane is sweet in the back seat, but so rough.
Scott

12/8/2004 6:38:56 PM
Smooth in the front though!
larrygator

12/9/2004 1:33:01 PM
OK I'll ride in both the front and back this weekend.
tacoking

12/9/2004 1:38:41 PM
You get some crazy airtime in the back, which makes up for the roughness. Great ride though.
Scott

12/9/2004 5:59:09 PM
I really like this new company Coaster Works! It's smooth fast and full of airtime.
larrygator

12/13/2004 11:26:20 AM
Quote:
tacoking said:
You get some crazy airtime in the back, which makes up for the roughness. Great ride though.

I didn't find it rough at all, but riding anywhere outside the back is a letdown.

The airtime in the back car was great over the three ending bunny hopes. Anyone who loves that sensation would love Phoenix at Knoebels which has a dozen moments of out of your seat airtime.

--------------------
It's not a choice between war and peace. It's a choice between war and something much worse.
larrygator

12/13/2004 4:32:10 PM
also I liked the Go Karts, nice long track for $5, but not many passing opportunities. I didn't do the mini golf as it seemed expensive at $7 per round
tacoking

12/13/2004 7:52:50 PM
Go Karts =

Maybe you got the ride on a good day. I rode it a little over a year (I think) ago, and found the back quite rough. Still a great ride back there, however.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics