Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR - Knotts Berry Farm 9/30/04
larrygator

10/8/2004 12:01:24 AM
Again I'll give a synopsis of my day at the park and post more details of each ride that I rode in my ride reviews.

I got to the park shortly after it opened on an empty stomach. I stayed at the KBF Radisson before I had a stay one night get one night free coupon for owning Cedar Fair stock.

I headed to Ghostrider first and quickly got a walk-on in the last car, walk-on for the back car and a 2 ride wait for the back car.

In this area of the back they have a stand that sells thins slabs of beef jerky, so I bought some and it was quite good.

I didn't expect the park to get two crowded on a Thursday afternoon but decided to head to Xcelerator next. It was a walk-on for every row except the first (and stayed this way all day). I walked-on to the second row, then the last row and then waited two rides for the first row.

Right next to Xcelerator is Supreme Scream a 252 foot drop tower and a walk-on ride today.

Next up walk-on rides on Boomerang, Jaguar and Montezuma's Revenge. I don't know why KBF has both Boomerang and Montezuma's Revenge as the rides are so similar. Riding Jaguar gave the added beneift of seeing the full layout of Silver Bullet (to open in December).

Silver Bullet looks nearly done with the carpenters getting work started on detailing the station. I decide to spend a little time walking around the whole peripheral of Silver Bullet. Lake Reflection was drained for the installation of the footing and is still drained.

I had always heard that I had to try Mrs. Knotts Fried Chicken, but the Express Stand within the park is closed so I settle for a very hearty Beef Fajita at Cantina. They gave you about 1/2 lb. of Carne Asada (grilled beef).

I catch a little bit of a Native American dance show at The Wagon Camp Theater. I really want to get to the Mystery Lodge for what the park map deccribes as a "mystical, multi-sensory and one-of-a-kind Native American entertainment attraction that will leave you charmed, entranced and amazed." However, I kept getting to the entrance right after the show started and never did catch the show.

I head back the Ghostrider and 6 more rides. The ride ops let us stay in our seats if no one was waiting for your row or gave us the option of moving to another row. I got 3 straight rides in the last row, then had to more up one car, then up another car, then up another car. The ride op Kyle told me that he once rode 30 straight times but had a massive headache the next day.

I head back to Xcelerator and the ride ops also oblige by letting me ride as long as no one is waiting for my row and get a surprising 5 straight rides in the last row. The ride op said she had witnessed someone ride 50 straight circuits once.

I decide to do a little Christmas shopping as they have some unique stores in the park. They also have a little museum that has many KBF artifacts. Lastly, as I leave the park I am forced to stoop by the original Mrs. Knotts Chicken outside the park and buy one fried chicken wing and 6 biscuits with Boysenberry jam. I'm not impressed with their famous jam but the chicken is delicious.

Ghostrider - nine rides a 10 rating
Xcelerator - eight rides a 9 rating
Supreme Scream - two rides a 9 rating
Boomerang - two rides a 5 rating
Jaguar - one ride a 4 rating
Montezuma's Revenge - two rides a 4 rating

Other rides I would have ridden if I was feeling better were:
La Revolution - a claw
Stagecoach - a stagecoach pulled by live horses
Log Ride - which looked real cool going through about 6 tunnels in a manmade mountain
Riptide - a flat ride that is built over 2 fountains to drench the riders

--------------------
It's not a choice between war and peace. It's a choice between war and something much worse. Clicky Web Analytics