Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Trip Report: Six Flags New England/"Big E" Fair
Cairn

9/27/2004 6:48:59 PM
Nice to be back here posting, hope you all had a great summer, and for those of you who are interested in traveling to New England within the very near future, you may want to read this trip report.

Usually I would not do a trip report for SFNE as I live only a mile and a half away from it, but due to the very positive experience we had, coupled with the Eastern States "Big E" fair running right down the street, I thought I would do one. Here it is:

This past Saturday a good friend of mine got married, my friend was maid of honor and was spending the weekend with me so we could go together. After the early reception had finished, we both headed back to my house but were still wired and not ready to hang it up for the day. Therefore we decided that we both needed some roller coaster "airtime". So once my suit, and her dress were neatly hung up we made the quick 3 minute run over to SFNE.

This is the time of year where the park runs the annual "Fright Nights" on the weekends when they are open. Upon entering the park at 6:45PM we were greeted by a midway full of wild and colorful decorations, mist, cobwebs, spooky characters wandering around, all mixed with spooky music, ride lights, and the usual fun sounds of a park at night. The misty full moon and cool temperature added to the atmosphere. The nice thing about Six Flags in the fall on a Saturday night is that the gang bangers which cause so much riff-raff in the summer have headed off to find other things to do in other parts of the city. Tonight's visitors were mainly families with small kids, and pre-teens running from ride to ride. No bad behavior, just the traditional and welcome sound of people having fun.

The first ride we hit was the "Superman Ride of Steel". I'm sure everybody knows that it is a very large Hyper coaster. Tonight's wait was easy...only about 30 minutes. The ride was as expected....simply amazing. The best time to ride this thing is...hands down...at night. Tons of air-time and great laterals. After we disembarked we headed over to "Batman the Dark Knight" where we enjoyed no wait time...we walked up, boarded, and took off. This floorless coaster is really not scary, even through the inversions, but it is glass smooth and gives a great feeling that you are actually flying. Like the first coaster, this ride is a great night-rider.

Following that, we took in a midway game....the one where you shoot the water into the hole to make the prize rise to the top of the pole. We scored a large Scooby Doo plush, our third ride mate! We then headed over to the wonderful old Thunderbolt wooden coaster. What a difference some TLC and maintenance makes. We both noted alot of new wood and a fresh greasing of the track. After a 15 minute wait we were climbing the lift hill, making the quick left turn, then rocking through the course. The upkeep has done some good as the T-bolt lived up to its name! Maryann and I both got some thrilling air-time off the twin camel humps tucked along the back side of the structure. The rest of the passengers agreed with the great run as we all arrived back cheering!

The next stop was yet another midway game...this time we easilly were able to pick up a stuffed pug dog....our fourth riding party member. We then checked out a gift shop. You may not think of an amusment park as a place to shop, but at the end of the season you can find some great clearance stuff. My friend bought a nice sweatshirt for 9 bucks.

After a quick stop for some fried dough, we headed for the front of the park and the Riverside Cyclone. This big wooden coaster sits all by itself at the front of the park away from most of activity, therefore we simply were able to walk up and board. They even had two trains running. While some people here have voiced their dismay over the reprofile that was performed on the first hill, it had to be done for several reasons. First, the light Morgan trains which used to run on the ride could onl
mrceagle

10/28/2004 11:01:48 PM
Glad to hear you had such a good day. I've had a few of them as SFNE but allot of times I don't.
tacoking

10/29/2004 11:38:02 PM
Wow, is that a mrceagle post I am seeing!

I haven't seen one in ages!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics