Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney park TR (Tips included)
Chet

8/26/2004 11:00:42 AM
I just got back from Dorney Park yesterday, and i must say it was one of the best trips i was on, even if they did close at 7:30 .

if you see *'s around the paragraph it means it's not about the park.

***It was around 8:30, and we left Scranton for Allentown. A good 45 minute drive, and I loved every minute of it (I don't know why, i just love car rides...). I went with my Sister and her friend Fran. It was nice to get away from my parents for a while, and my sister and i aren't like pushy shovey. She's 23, so she could drive us there.

When we got to the park, we parked very close to the entrance, because there was hardly anyone there. We got out of the car and went to the front gate. We already had out tickets from our local bank, since they were selling them for 23.00, which was a very good deal. ***

Anyways, we handed them the tickets and we got into the park. We were undecided on what to go on first, so I suggested Talon. They agreed, and followed me to the entrance. This was the second longest line all day, at 30 minutes.

Talon is a sensational invert. It made me pumped up for more coasters. The best part of this ride has to be the front seat when you're going around the zero-g. Very, very nice. I wore my glasses on this ride and they didn't fall off. I like the drop, but it'd be nice to have it straight.

Then, we got off our first coaster of the day, and I had an idea. "What if we just go to the back of the park, because no one will be there yet?" I was right.

We walked along the paths to find a sign for Steel Force. When we got in line, it was a 5 MINUTE wait! Just when we were about to get on, the unthinkable happens. The trims push too hard on the one train and it breaks down. . But it was alright, because it only took about 15 minutes more. It was worth every second i waited too.

Steel Force is easily the best ride in the park. The first drop is absolutely amazing in the back, and the second hill gives alot of air. The helix was ok, but it took away the speed. They hardly even used the MCBR, so we flew over that into the airtime hills. They weren't kidding. It was insane, bumping up and down so hard, it was almost like the pheonix (well, not really).

After we got off it, I really wanted to go on it again, but we wandered in the oppisite direction towards revolution, their new ride. It was your basic pendulum, but it was still great. That was about a 5 minute wait. Then it was Laser time.

Laser has my 2 favorite inversions in it. They are probably the best loops i've experienced ever. After the drop and loops, it gets really bumpy, but it was still good.

After laser, we took a walk towards the small woodie in the background. Yes, it's Thunderhawk. There was no line whatsoever.

Thunderhawk is really, really bad in the back. I slammed my head against Fran so many times it was throbbing. They also trim this thing to deatg, especailly at the end. Oh well, the next ride turned out to be better.

Dominator is very good as well. That's what we went on right after thunderhawk. We went on the red side, since the green side was crowded. It was a walk-on, and it seemed like a walk-off as well. It was way too short. I guess you can expect that from a drop tower.

Next, we said "we did all the coasters, let's do some more flats." So be it. We went on the tilt-a-whirl, which was good, the music express, which was painful, since i was on the end, and the enterprise, which was awesome. Then the joker. Fran was getting sick, so he sat down for a while. After all those flats, we went on the log flume.

A very good ride, as always. I wish they made the drop a little steeper. It would be so much better. I got wet. And i got even wetter when we went on tidal force, which was insanity in water form.

After we did this, we dried off on Meteor. This is the best flat here (if you don't count Dominator). I absolutely love this ride. Afterwards, we got wet, yet again, on the Riv
3r1c

8/26/2004 11:14:19 AM
Don't go on Thunderhawk in the back?! That's the closest thing to coaster nirvana!

I love Dorney's selection of flats, there's a bunch of quality ones plus some other classic ones. With Hydra, they'll really be put on the map. And with another... it'll be the ultimate park in PA IMHO.
Chet

8/26/2004 5:28:33 PM
You think thunderhawk in the back is good!? Well maybe, but I got my head slammed into my partner's shoulders, and it ruined everything.
3r1c

8/26/2004 9:37:32 PM
That's the best part, and the reason why it rocks. The front is really good though.
Chet

8/26/2004 10:20:21 PM
I think i'm a whimp and can't take pain... oh well, at least the front wasn't rough.
3r1c

8/26/2004 11:06:02 PM
The front has some great moments of air, just not on the last bunny hop or first bunny hop.
primogen18

8/29/2004 2:50:07 AM
I went today, and while rough, TH had some nice air, more then I thought. It was that last swing to the right that really slammed me, and the hard breaks at the end...
Chet

8/29/2004 10:57:34 AM
Same here! That's when i got my headache from my partner's shoulder!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics