Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Sylvan Beach, Seabreeze, SFDL, Martins Fantasy Is
larrygator

8/25/2004 1:17:03 AM
and then Knoebels from 8/21-23. This become a never ending trip. I initially planned this trip for 3 weeks ago but had to delay it. The game plan was to hit 4 parks over 2 days and then drive home. On the first day the game plan was to get to Seabreeze before 5PM to take advantage of the Night Rider plan. I knew I had to leave Sylvan Beach before 3PM to maximize ride time.

This trip report will be long enough so you'll have to read the ride reviews to be posted for more details on individual rides

Sylvan Beach (August 21) is a small park and my plan was just to spend an hour or so their and ride their coaster Galaxi and their dark ride Laffland. I also saw another ride I rarely see anymore called Bomber (it's called satelite at Knoebels) so I rode that too. In total I spent about $7 on ride tickets and parking was free. FYI - For those intrigued by "the sweet science" The International Boxing Hall of Fame is right their at the exit from the major highway I-90.

Seabreeze (August 21) - I arrived right at 5PM and spent $11.95 for the Night Rider pass. I headed for their classic coaster Jack Rabbit first and rode a couple of times. The sign says it's the third oldest in America. One thing I really like about Seabreeze is they have signs/picture throughout the park showing and describing how the park looked the different generations.
Bear Trax - I tried to sneak on the kiddie coaster but they wouldn't let me ride without a child in tow
Flying Scooters - Then rode on their neutered scooters.
Whirlwind - next up I took three rides on their new spinning coasters (a fun ride with great reridability index)
Bobsled - Next I waited for this one-of-a-kind coaster. I love the history of this ride but didn't particularly enjoy the actual ride.
I then got a fresh made lemonade (very good) and debated riding the log flume but didn't.
Screamin Eagle - the line looked short so I jumped on the end
YoYo - I unique swing ride in that there is a single line of seats which I like because there was not an idiot next to me that would swing into me.
GyroScope - Indoor Scrambler
Whirlwind - two more rides
Food time, I really wanted a Red Osier fresh roast beef sandwich but the stand closed when I got there. I had to settle for a most excellent "fresh pressed cheese burger" from the California Cafe.
JackRabbit - two more rides
Flying Scooter - one more ride since no one was waiting

Six Flags Darien Lake (August 22)
$7 for parking
S:ROS - 5 rides (once in second row, four times in last row)
Boomerang - 1 ride
Viper - 1 ride
Mind Eraser - 2 rides
Predator - 2 rides
I also decided to ride a couple of unique looking flats:
Bobsleigh - similar to a Himalaya with suspended cars
Rodeo Round Up - this name makes no sense
UFO - a great variation of the round-up
Food: got 2 tacos, these things were huge. I was expecting them to be skimpy or else I would have only gotten one. I think they were only $2.59 apiece. They have a lot of things to do at SFDL that are upcharges. Rent Paddle Boats or Kayaks, Batting Cages, Go Karts, Mini-Golf and of course a SkyCoaster and Turbo Bungee.

But alas my game plan is to make it to Martin's Fantasy Island around 5PM to take advantage of their night plan. At Martin's, parking is free and late night admission is $7.11. This may be the best money ever spent. They have a custom/classic car show with about 100 cars throughout the park. The one time I regret not having a camera.
Silver Comet - had 6 rides on the excellent CCI woodie
Nitro - one ride on this claw type ride
Daredevil - one ride one their tower launch/drop
WildCat - one ride
Big Slide - one ride, I had not slid down one of these in years
Also, got a poorly made fresh lemonade.
This park has a petting zoo for the kids they also have hokey western themed shows/gunfights.

I thought I might hit both Waldameer and Lake Conneaut before heading home but bth were closed on Monday. AND I WASN'T READY TO GO HOME.
Message updated 8/25/2004 6:13:59 PM by larrygator
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
8/25/2004 5:50:15 PM
Very nice - now, that's a list!!!
BobFunland

8/25/2004 9:09:30 PM
larry, what kind of job do you have again? Maybe I should transfer to UF... I wanna take a road trip again. And again... but I'll only have a week or two next summer.

Oh, and what's your coaster count up to now?
Message updated 8/25/2004 9:10:02 PM by BobFunland
larrygator

8/25/2004 9:55:18 PM
I work in advertising. We have Summer Fridays meaning whole my office is out every Friday between Independence Day and Memorial Day so every other weekend between then is a long weekend for me and I always try to make Independence Day and Labor Day weekends into 4 day trips. I'm up to 155 unique coasters and have the potential to hit 200 before the end of the year. With the remainder of my trips for 2004, the new parks have a total of 50 coasters. I doubt I will get on 45 to hit 200 because of closures and some of the coasters being kiddie coasters.
BobFunland

8/25/2004 10:05:41 PM
Thats cool- Ive laid out a few different trips, all reasonable for me, to bump by total up to about 140-150 by the time I get my Bachelors.
larrygator

8/25/2004 10:29:21 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
Thats cool- Ive laid out a few different trips, all reasonable for me, to bump by total up to about 140-150 by the time I get my Bachelors.

There's a thread in the Coaster Forum for your "2004 Itinerary", I have been editing my post after each trip (not putting up new posts) if you're interested in seeing some of the combo weekends trips I did in the Northeast to increase my coaster riding
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics