Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Great Adventure, again
Cyclonic

8/16/2004 9:03:51 PM
Well, I will try to keep this report short, since there are about a billion other Great Adventure reports out there, so no use in adding redundant information.

I got to the park at about 6 PM. It had been raining off and on all day, so the park was pretty dead and I got a nice and close parking spot by the season pass entrance.

This weekend looks like it is the last for the season pass entrance. There was a sign stating that it would close on or after Aug. 15. So, it may be open for a little longer, but scuttlebutt in the park was that the entire area would be going in September. So, for postarity sake, here are some photos of the entrance.

I was basically riding at will, for as many laps as I wanted, there were no lines anywhere, even with the park running just one train on most coasters.

I noticed a the building they have been constructing on JJF's former location is starting to take shape. Oddly, it looks like it has a western theme, evn though it is in the boardwalk section.

The bandstand by the lake has been closed off, with construction fence put up around it. I believe this is where the Tiger Island attraction is going to be going.

There is no new coaster track on site besides what has been posted elsewhere on the web. Some footers have been poured and there is a big hole next to Rolling Thunder at the turnaround.

Mr Six's bus is at the park. It is parked across from the Twister.

I did manage to take some very nice night time shots of the park.

Hope you enjoyed.

--------------------
My Track Record

The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

The only thing better then a dead terrorist is a dying terrorist that can tell you where to find more terrorists to kill.

Message updated 8/16/2004 9:04:47 PM by Cyclonic
sfo1

8/18/2004 9:47:29 PM
Nice pictures and TR, as always. Just out of curiosity, are the tigers for the "Tiger Island Show" from WoA?
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics