Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hershey TR
Swimace

8/13/2004 5:20:17 PM
Ok, so Wednesday, August 4th I went to Hershey. I had a very successful trip during which I got in quite a few rides. I got on Lightning Racer 8 times and I got on Storm Runner 5 times!!!! Ok, so here is how the trip played out, I’m going to break it into parts so you guys don’t have to read it all at once.

Part 1:

Anyways, we checked into the Hershey Lodge on Tuesday, August 3rd. We were informed when we bought our tickets at the hotel that hotel guests get a “preview”. This enables hotel guests to get into the park from 7:30 until closing on the night before their planned trip to the park. When I found this out I made it perfectly clear that we were going. So we went.
We got into the park at about 8:00. When driving to the park the first ride to come into sight is Wildcat. The first ride I went on was Superdooperlooper. Also, after about 5 minutes of talking my sister into it, I got her to go with me. This is now her new favorite ride (her old one was Space Mountain). The ride was really fun, even though I lost a quarter on the loop, lol. My only complaint is the brake hill that kills the pacing in the second half of the ride, other than that, I loved it.
Next we went to Great Bear. I rode it and came off very surprised. It was much more intense than I though it would be. Especially liked the helix before the drop, I didn’t expect it to be that forceful. Next, I headed for Storm Runner. The line was long so I decided to save it for first thing in the morning. I then took a spin on Sidewinder. It was a walk on and was a pretty decent ride. From the top you got a really nice view of Midway America which was all lighten up.
Next, my sister and I took a spin on the Wild Mouse. We both had fun on it. After that I headed across the walkway to ride Wildcat. I rode in the back, which was a mistake. I later found that this ride was more enjoyable from the front.
After that I went for two rides on Lightning Racer. This ride has now taken the title as my new favorite woodie. I rode once on both sides. I won on Thunder and lost on Lightning. During my trip, Thunder took most of the wins.
I was now finished with Midway America for the evening, so I headed back towards Storm Runner. I loved watching the ride launch into the bright lights of the on-ride photo section which is situated at the end of the launch. I then went and took a spin on Coal Cracker. It was a decent flume, but it could use another drop. Nobody in my family would go with me though :cry:. It was then 9:59, and the park closes at 10:00. It seemed like the perfect time to jump in line for Great Bear, which is exactly what I did. I took the last ride of the day for Great Bear and went back to the hotel happy.
That night was very successful. I got a ride on all of the coasters except for Storm Runner, Comet, Roller Soaker, and Trailblazer. Every ride was a walk on, except for Storm Runner and Comet.

Part 2:

The park hours are 10:00-10:00 today. We arrive at the park at 9:30. We were probably within the first 50 people to get into the park. Ok, now you’re in the park with barely anybody else, what is the first thing you do? Head for Storm Runner. Actually, that seemed to be everybody’s idea.
My first ride on SR was a one car wait. It was awesome. I was so scared before my first ride on this monster. It was my first rocket coaster. It was also my first coaster to go vertical. I was terrified when my train started moving, but all of that went away when my train launched. It was a perfect launch. Let me just say for the record that SR puts Hulk to shame. The launch is better and the inversions are better, Hulk just has ride time. For anyone who is going to ride SR, let me tell you right now, the ride is not over after the top hat. All the other rocket coasters are one trick ponies (even though it’s one hell of a trick). SR’s inversions are some of the most effective maneuvers I’ve seen on coasters. The flying snake di
Message updated 8/13/2004 6:13:51 PM by Swimace
Knoebels

8/13/2004 7:05:27 PM
WOW. Very, VERY, excellent and detailed TR of the "Sweetest" Place on Earth(), Hershey Park. I really want to go there. I'm hoping to go a couple weeks from now.

--------------------
Ever wonder what happens when your seatbelt is nonfunctional on the Skooters at Knoebels? I don't think you want to.

**Read my Trip Report about Knoebels Now!!**
Message updated 8/13/2004 7:05:45 PM by Knoebels
*FreeBird*

8/14/2004 2:20:08 AM
Excellent review! I'm amazed you got 5 rides on storm runner!!! I only got one, though the line was always about a 40min wait and I don't like waiting that long more then once.
Chet

8/15/2004 9:38:47 PM
Jeez, this is probably the greatest review on the site EVER. 5 rides on storm runner... wow. But i got 15 on Lightning Racer .
Swimace

8/15/2004 11:10:52 PM
Lightning Racer never has a line! I love it!! Although, it's kinda a pain to get to
3r1c

8/15/2004 11:33:15 PM
Lightning Racer is annoying when it runs one train though, since it is a rather long wooden coaster.
Swimace

8/15/2004 11:38:03 PM
Yeah, they did that the first night I was there. It was rather irritating
*FreeBird*

8/16/2004 1:03:53 AM
Quote:
Chet said:
Jeez, this is probably the greatest review on the site EVER. 5 rides on storm runner... wow. But i got 15 on Lightning Racer .

No it isn't. Mine was since I had pictures and all!

--------------------
Attention!!!!!
Check out my band's website - Myst band
Thanks for your attention.
Swimace

8/16/2004 10:43:27 AM
*Freebird* is still used to reading picture books, so he needs pictures in his literature
Chet

8/16/2004 12:17:48 PM

Anyways, i said probably, not definately. FREEBIRD's IS BETTER!
3r1c

8/16/2004 12:30:19 PM
Nah, this one was way better. If I want pictures I'll go visit RCDB.
*FreeBird*

8/16/2004 2:35:44 PM
And plus I used tons of smileys in my review! Swimace only used one.
3r1c

8/16/2004 2:54:06 PM
Those smileys are so f'ing annoying.
Swimace

8/16/2004 3:13:47 PM
Quote:
*FreeBird* said:
And plus I used tons of smileys in my review! Swimace only used one.

Ok Freebird, these are for you. You want smileys, here you go:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

--------------------
-2 Fly-
Message updated 8/16/2004 3:15:32 PM by Swimace
Swimace

8/16/2004 3:21:34 PM
And I didn't take any pictures. I was going to, but the storm kinda screwed up my schedule. I took a couple pictures with my camera phone, but that was about it
Cyclonic

8/16/2004 9:05:55 PM
All modesty aside, I personly think I post the best trip reports
Swimace

8/16/2004 9:17:19 PM
Leave it to Cyclonic to come into my TR promoting himself I sure hope you at least read it
Cyclonic

8/16/2004 10:58:19 PM
Actually, I read the entire thing almost as soon as you posted it. I felt no need to coment on your bitching about how cold or telling the park employee that he had four hours to fix the ride, as if he had anything to do with it

Also, learn to see what sarcasm is when you see it That is why Mr Green is at the end of the comment.

--------------------
My Track Record

The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

The only thing better then a dead terrorist is a dying terrorist that can tell you where to find more terrorists to kill.

Message updated 8/16/2004 10:59:56 PM by Cyclonic
Swimace

8/16/2004 11:20:55 PM
Sorry, but you'd be cold too if you were soaked and there was just a dramatic temperature drop. Also, the ride op was being a jackass and just wanted us to leave. I was just being sarcastic anyways. I guess the would be more suitable than the , but even so, you shouldn't get that worked up over it. And the point I was trying to make in my TR is that no matter how crappy the circumstances got, I wouldn't let anything ruin my day, and I certainly wouldn't change a thing about it. Huddling in that small gift shop while I was cold and wet only made those final three rides on Storm Runner and my one ride on Comet more memorable. You really can't understand where I'm coming from on this one, so just trust me, it was worth it.
Cyclonic

8/16/2004 11:33:00 PM
I do understand, and I am glad that you made a bad situation into a good one.

One thing, did you ride any flats besides the Claw. The park does have a decent selection of flats, not great, but not bad. I was wondering if you rode their Whip or the Frontier Flyers, for example? They are two rides that you are not going to see down in Florida.
*FreeBird*

8/17/2004 12:01:41 AM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
Actually, I read the entire thing almost as soon as you posted it. I felt no need to coment on your bitching about how cold or telling the park employee that he had four hours to fix the ride, as if he had anything to do with it

Also, learn to see what sarcasm is when you see it That is why Mr Green is at the end of the comment.

You didn't read mine though.
*FreeBird*

8/17/2004 12:02:01 AM
Quote:
3r1c said:
Those smileys are so f'ing annoying.

*FreeBird*

8/17/2004 12:03:05 AM
Quote:
Swimace said:
Ok Freebird, these are for you. You want smileys, here you go:

Got to admit, that does look pretty neat. Except for those stupid waving smilies.
larrygator

8/17/2004 1:41:34 AM
Swimace - sweet TR. By the way you can give me credit, I did tell you about the "preview" when you were asking for HP tips
Swimace

8/17/2004 3:10:29 PM
oh, my bad, I must have forgotten. I really didn't think about Hershey at all until a couple days before I went. I was gone for a week at a swim meet up in Maryland and I didn't think about parks or coasters the whole time
Swimace

8/17/2004 3:13:40 PM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
I do understand, and I am glad that you made a bad situation into a good one.

One thing, did you ride any flats besides the Claw. The park does have a decent selection of flats, not great, but not bad. I was wondering if you rode their Whip or the Frontier Flyers, for example? They are two rides that you are not going to see down in Florida.

No, Claw and Giant Wheel were the only flats I rode. I would have ridden the Frontier Flyers, but they weren't letting you snap them, so it looked kinda dull. Every other flat I saw I had ridden at another park. Claw was great though.
3r1c

8/17/2004 4:13:37 PM
It's a good thing you didn't waste your time on the Frontier Flyers - it's a boring ride, with HORRIBLE capacity.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics