Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park (7/26/04)
MovieCoast

7/27/2004 8:44:08 PM
While on my vacation is Northeastern Massacusetts over the weekend, I got the chance to visit Canobie Lake Park. We went on Monday and arrived at the park at 12:30 to find it ABSOLUTELY PACKED!!! I have never in my life seen a busier park on a Monday than this! Anywho, admission to the park is a steal at $25 and a man in front of us gave us a $4 coupon, because he couldn't use it with is Senior ticket. When getting our tickets I was quite upset to see that Rockin' Rider and the park's pirate ship were closed . Now we were finally in the park now and ready to go.

The first ride of the day was Matterhorn, which didn't have that long of a line and was a one lap wait. This flat had a very short circut and didn't really do much for me, but it was a nice way to get things started.

We headed over to the Crystal Orbitor next. This attraction is very classic indeed, but it is quite small for a mirror maze and also very compact. I'm sure it was much better when the platform spun though.

Next we hit the Roundup, which was my first ride of this kind. I had a great time on it, and I found it to be quite disorenting, but still a lot of fun. After that we changed direction and headed over to the Ole Canobie Village section of the park, because eveyone but me needed to use the restroom.

Since we were in the area we hit the Policy Pond Saw Mill Log Flume. The line was full, but was moving quite fast. Our wait was cut short though, because the operator needed two people to fill up the back of one log and since it was just me and my mom we hopped right on. This flume is very nice and has a wonderful setting and layout. The wettest part of the ride was a actually a tiny dip along the course!

Next we would be one of our longest if not longest waits of the day with the Mine of Lost Souls. The line was moving very slow, which resulted in about a 30 minute wait. The ride itself was a fun, modern dark ride, with some good working stunts, but they weren't very effective. It was a great ride though, and the staff were very friendly!

At this point we just decided to loop around the back of the park so the Canobie Corkscrew was next. The ride looks almost brand new and has a nice wood station, but unfortunately it's standard Arrow fair with a short, dull ride. At least the line was short!

After that I grabbed a funnel cake and iced tea. The outlet was right next to Rockin' Rider, and I was very sad that it was closed, becuase I like coasters of that type! I next hit the Dragon Coaster just get a credit, which had a three cycle wait. The staff were very friendly and great with the kids, but the loading was very slow and ridiculous!!! The ride itself was just a small kid coaster that made two laps.

Next we hit Turkish Twist, which I found to be excellently themed and was another fun, unique attraction. Next was the Boston Tea Party, which had a very fast moving line. This was another well themed ride, and the wet factor was extremely high!

DaVinci's Dream was next, and I could not believe my eyes! This swing ride rests in its only little lush grove with an iron fence around it! It's a spectacular sight and is just such a beautiful ride with all of the flowers and statutes. The ride itself I found quite surprising as I usually don't enjoy swing rides, but these were actually quite good with good height.

I was excited about the next ride, which was the Catapillar. When I saw that the canopy was working I was so excited!!! The ride is classic fun, and I was so glad that I got the chance to ride this, as it is only one of a handful left. The canopy adds a nice touch, but sadly I could see holes in it!

We headed over to Psycho Drome next, but it had a ridiculously long line so we skipped it and headed for Starblaster. A space shot of this size is just perfect for me due to my not liking heights very much. The launch was excellent, and I got some great airtime. The whole ride was just a lot of fun!

Next I finally got to ride<
Message updated 7/28/2004 10:44:22 AM by MovieCoast
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics