Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Keansburg A.P. 7/24/04
Horizons12

7/24/2004 11:37:37 PM
I go to Keansburg Amusement Park a lot because my uncle lives nearby. My dad and I visit him each week and every other week or so go to the park. This time I decided to go on a few of rides to use up some old tickets I had.

After eating at Nickersons, an old burger place on the midway, I went to look at the bay briefly, then went straight to Chaos. Most of you are familiar with the Chance Chaos, it's a pretty good ride. The guy gave about a 2 minute ride, all the time I leaned forwards and backwards to try and flip the car. I love being upsidedown at the bottom of the wheel where the Gs push you up into the harness.

Next I walked to the other side of the park past their new Moby Dick ride and to the Scooters. They had about 4 or 5 smaller cars and 2 big Skooter cars like the ones at Knoebels, only a bit more beat up. I scrambled to a big Skooter car and prepared to kick some butt. If no cars were around I would lay off the accelerator and wait for a car to come by my side, then turn the wheel and smash into them. The big skooter cars always send the other little cars spinning around when hit well. This one kid was relaxing and cruising around the side, I swiftly slammed into him and sent him and his little car straight into the side barrier, man is that fun!

Next I went on the Double Shot, a small S&S tower. I sat down pulled down the harness and waited for it to lock. Now I guess I got the "fat guy seat" or something because the harness locked pretty far away from me, I could move it out about 6 inches from what I usually put it at. So as the guy was about to start it I said "Hey my harness doesn't go down all the way" in the sort of way a really concerned person would, I was kidding really, I knew I wouldn't fall out. Now either he knew I was joking a bit or he was a sadistic ride op because he just gave me a sinister smile and pressed the start button. So we were launched and when the car was thrusted back downward I must have gotten about a foot of air!! It was almost scary the amount of air I got! Of course it's the Double Shot so we get another launch. Out of all the drop towers I've been on, this has the most violent air of any, it's like ejector air x10.

Finally I went on the old Pretzel type spookhouse named "Spookhouse!" It's pretty old, like from the 1930s. It has the old pretzel cars and the old pretzel props. Theres only a few walls on this ride but when riding it looks like your in a tunnel for the entire time because it's so freakin' dark! You come very close to the walls and you go over many wobbly floorboards that make it seem like your car has rolled off the track into who knows what! They have those little props with the fluorescent pain on them, some move, but most don't. My favorite is the alligator that pops out of it's hole when the car comes by. That and the Jersey Devil head. You can find out more about this spookouse HERE! It's really cool.

All in all I had a good time!

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

October 1, 1983 - January 9, 1999
Message updated 7/24/2004 11:43:32 PM by Horizons12
larrygator

7/25/2004 12:33:35 AM
Horizons - i stopped by twice this summer and the Wild Mouse wasn't running either time. Have you seen it running this summer?
Horizons12

7/25/2004 12:41:22 AM
Wild Mouse? They don't have a Wild Mouse. Are you thinking of the Wildcat coaster? If so, it wasn't running today but I've seen it running every other time.
larrygator

7/25/2004 12:43:46 AM
Quote:
Horizons12 said:
Wild Mouse? They don't have a Wild Mouse. Are you thinking of the Wildcat coaster? If so, it wasn't running today but I've seen it running every other time.

yep, I meant the WildCat

thanks
Horizons12

7/25/2004 12:15:00 PM
It actually looked like there wasn't any cars on the track this time. They usually run 3. I did see somthing under a tarp but it might have been a control box.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics