Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels, July 5, 2004, with photos
Cyclonic

7/8/2004 8:58:00 PM
I had off on July 5th on account of Independence Day (never call it 4th of July, it losses meaning that way) falling on a Sunday. So, my friend Greg and I decided to head on up to Knoebels. My sister, Erinn, was also off that day, and I invited her along, which she is happy to do.

Greg has been looking forward to returning to the park, it has been over a year since his last visit, and he had a great time last time, but found he had trouble riding the flats. He tends to get sick on anything that spins. So this time he came prepaired, he dressed lightly, drank lots of water, and took a Dramamine, so he had no problems this time.

We left later then expected because i ended up working my part time morning job later because of some nasty weather in the Philly area. Fortunately that cleared up and it ended up being an absolutely perfect day at the park. e got to the park at about 11:30 to a half full grasssy parking lot.

After getting our wristbands, we headed for the Flyers. What a great way to start off the day. I rode with Erinn, while Greg rode alone, so I ended up not getting much snapping out of the ride, we couldn't quite get the steering down, but Greg did just fine, getting some nice, ride thumping snaps.

Now, tell me that isn't the job to have. The man is set, he has his cooler, chair, shade, and a nice breeze coming off the ride.

I would get some really nice flights on the Flyers later, with massive, continuous snapping. You can actually see this in my video, I am in the car with the really sound snap at the end on the video (Erinn sat out and shot it for me).

Next up, the Phoenix.

In the heat of the summer, this coaster is in fine running form. We sat in 2-1 for our first ride of the day, and what a ride. Loads of airtime, and very smooth to boot. Later I would ride in 1-3 (the Schmeck), which was a bit bumpier (but no bad roughness or jackhammering), but gave just absolutly fanominal airtime.

Early in the day they were running just one train, causing about a 15 minute wait. But, later they added the second train, and the wait was reduced to just a few cycles.

As we entered the Phoenix, Erinn spied the Antique Cars, so we rode those next.

A fun ride as usual. Erinn was driving, with me riding shotgun, and Greg in the back. I kept yelling at her to watch out for the tree, or not to drive off the bridge, all in good fun.

Over to the Log Flume...

...Where i sat up front and got soaks, while everyone else came off fairly dry. Of course, I was holding my hands up all the way down the drop

We went over and looked in on Henry and Hattie, Knoebel's two Bald Eagles. They are both injured and can not fly, so the park takes care on them in a fairly large size pen. They were happily perched on a log next to each other when we visited.

Another totally free attraction at Knoebels is the Carousel Museum. It has a wonderful collection of all different types of horses and managerie animals from many artists and manufacturers.

We were at this point a bit hungry, so we ate right there at the International Food Court (mmmm...bison burgers), before heading on to...

Fun as always, and the last gag
Message updated 7/8/2004 9:15:00 PM by Cyclonic
*FreeBird*

7/8/2004 9:53:00 PM

OMG, that had to be the best Knoebels review ever!!!! Or any review ever!!!!! The pictures you took were excellent, it really added a whole new dimension to the review. When I went I totally forgot about the eagles they had and didn't even see it. Good to hear you had great time though. Did you by any chance take notice if the whirlwind was running or not? Anyways great review!
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/9/2004 10:26:00 AM
Very cool review, Cyclonic - I love the way you showed the Haunted Mansion ticket - classic.
Knoebels

7/10/2004 3:05:00 PM
A great TR, to be sure. You're way of using pictures with words is one you should keep, as it is a very cool way of doing TRs. The weird thing is, I took almost all the same picture you did (except for the one of your sis, of course!!)
primogen18

7/11/2004 1:48:00 AM
Awesome report, great pics, and glad to see you all had a nice time!
*FreeBird*

7/14/2004 2:42:00 PM
I hope I can take that many pics when I go to Hershey this Monday! It really makes the review seem more realistic in a way.
Knoebels

7/15/2004 2:26:00 PM
Yeah, isn't that the truth!!
*FreeBird*

7/22/2004 1:17:00 AM
Wow, you would think more people would comment on this. I mean he took the extra time to take all those pics and have a detailed report and such.
Knoebels

7/29/2004 1:19:31 PM
Yeah, really. You guyths are stho inconsthiderent.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics