Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Busch Gardens Williamsburg TR - July 5th
larrygator

7/7/2004 12:08:00 AM
Ok - 3rd park in 3 days. I got a late start and didn't arrive at the front gate until 10:20 and decide to head straight to Appolo's Chariot. My game plan is to leave the park no later than 5PM.

It is easy to see why this has been voted America's Most Beautiful Theme Park 12 or 13 years in a row. It's only 10:30 in the AM but unlike to past two days it is very hot and humid, I decide to stop at Escape from Pompei thinking that I'll been able to dry off on AC.

For my first AC ride it is a walk-on for all but the 1st row even though the park has been open for a while. I ride the back row first then the 2nd row. Then I decide to see if I can ride in every row. I head for the first row next as the ride is starting to get a little bit of a line. I wait ten minutes for the first row. Then keep going back for the shortest row that I haven't ridden yet. I end up riding 7 times covering every row except for the 4th and 6th rows before noon. I get a lemonade (not good) and head for the Festa Train station with the New France station in mind.

I disembark and head for BBW which is a 15 minute wait, I only ride it once then head for Alpengeist. It's a pretty quick line for Alpengeist unless you want the front row. I wait five minutes for the back then try my generally successful second row strategy.

I head for the second row since it is much shorter (two ride cycles) than the front row (30 minutes). The trick is to pay attention to the riders in the front row line and you can figure out when three people are together so you can just walk through the second row air gate and take the empty seat in the first row. It works twice and now it is 1:30 and I'm very hungry. I plan on heading back to Italy for the Cannelloni so I take the Sky Ride two stops (the sky ride runs in a triangle, not a back and forth route). Now I make the mistake of the trip. I decide to ride DaVinci's Cradle before eating and forget to take off my Millennium Force bucket hat. Oh it flies off and I have no idea where it went and it is now lost.

The food in the Italy area is excellent. It was expensive at $14.29 but I got chicken parm, pasta, fried mozzarella and an iced tea. The quality was certainly worth the price. It's really hot, humid and the sun is bright and I'm missing ny hat. I decide try something indoors before Loch Ness Monster and go to Corkscrew Hill. A great way to cool off on a hot day.

Then I take two spins on LNM a walk-on for the second row and a one cycle wait for the last row. I get off the ride at 3:40 so I walk quickly to the front of the park as the RL Stine Haunted Lighthouse starts at 4PM. I take in the 20 minute (I think) movie before leaving the park for a long drive home.

A great 3 day trip!!!!!!!!!
Swimace

7/7/2004 11:49:00 AM
Wow, sounds like you got really lucky with the lines. That's sweet that you rode AC so many times. I got in 5 rides when I went.
BuschVA

7/12/2004 10:38:00 PM
Great TR. I'm glad you had a good time at the park. Now only if you were there during the fireworks. That show was awesome! I got to watch it both nights because they had me working crowd control. What a show. come by and see us next year during the 4th, or whatever other day we have fireworks. you wont regret.

--------------------
Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Virginia. America's most beautiful park for 14 years in a row!
larrygator

7/13/2004 10:27:00 AM
I lost my Millenium Force hat on DaVinci's Cradle!!! I'm never going back.jk
Swimace

7/13/2004 10:34:00 AM
That's what you get for insulting the coaster gods by wearing an Intamin hat in a B&M park
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics