Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Carowinds Trip Report July 3rd
larrygator

7/6/2004 10:50:00 PM
Since I have 3 park TR to write I'll leave most of the ride details to the reviews.

I took off work on Friday and arrived Friday night and stayed at the Comfort Inn across the street. I walked to the park on Saturday morning with my e-ticket. I head to the South entrance and got on line for Top Gun: The Jet Coaster. The rest of the park was roped off so I figured this would be a great place to start. This invert runs right along/over the walkway and is visually stunning and I get 3 quick rides in and then head to Borg Assimilator.

It starts raining lightly which will be a pattern over the next two days. The Borg line is pretty long but I know it will only get worse. Line moves slow which is typical for flyers but a little over halfway through the queue the lines splits so single riders can get ahead of those waiting in groups. It starts pouring rain two rides before mine and I get drenched on the way up the lift hill. The typical one hour wait takes me only 40 minutes as a single rider.

Next I move on the Vortex (Stand-up coaster) and ride it twice as a walk-on with a slightly longer wait for the front row then as I head to Carolina Goldrusher (Mine Car) another walk-on they start closing rides, Borg Assimilator and Super Saturator close and then the rain really starts coming down.

I was debating the past two days whether to ride Super Saturator or not. I didn't want to have to walk around wet all day and didn't wait to make the drive to Richmond in wet clothes. Due to the weather Super Saturator nevers does re-open so know I have to beat the rain to ride the rest of the coasters.

Next up Carolina Cyclone (sit down corkscrew, looping coaster) twice as a walk-on for all rows except the front which is 10 minutes, followed by Hurler (a woodie) which has the same waits as Carolina Cyclone.

The Ricochet (Wild Mouse) is closed so I ride a junior invert Runaway Reptar which is a 25 minute wait followed by a 10 minute wait for Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster. Ricochet opens again so I wait 15 minutes get my ride in and it starts raining again.

I head indoors for the Days of Thunder ride simulator. It's still drizzling when I get out so I head to my last coaster of the day Thunder Road, a racer that no longer races. The plan is to ride it both frontwards and back in both the front and last rows. I get one ride in the last row going forward and as I get back on the line they start making PA announcements saying very severe storms are coming in. It's about 3:45 and since my goal was to be on the road before 5PM I decide to call it a day with 10 new coasters under my belt and head to Richmond for PKD.

Oh and it's not a larrygator Trip Report without a comment on the food. They have Chick-Fil-A in the park, for those not familar with Chick-Fil-A, it kicks the big A*$. I wonder if they are open in the park on Sundays, are the workers considered employees of Paramount or Chick-Fil-A? I think it was $4.99 for 12 very tasty real chicken nuggets. I also played one of the games and won a University of Florida football in the football toss.
Message updated 7/6/2004 11:41:00 PM by larrygator
Swimace

7/8/2004 11:36:00 AM
Lol, yeah, larry's gotta have the food. Cool, you won a Gator footbal- Go Gators!

--------------------

I'm going to Hersheypark on August 4th!!
Message updated 7/8/2004 11:37:00 AM by Swimace
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics