Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Hershey Park for 2 hours
bb_dg

6/29/2004 10:30:00 PM
went to hershey today. was in the area visiting relatives so i thought why not hit up the park for storm runner. first ride was SR. 30 minute wait for second to back. now for my blurb on SR:

i really REALLY want to like this ride a lot but i cant. the launch was great, the air on the top hat great, the drop great but this ride (just like i had feared) has really bad pacing. the elements also feel awkwardly shaped like the pull out of the cobra loop and the banking on the ending. it felt almost thrown together. the restraints were also weird. i liked the freedom that they gave me but theres just something about them i dont like. lap bars would have made this ride better. besides the beginning, the in-line dive element was the best. i just felt like the rest of the ride was lacking. maybe its because i had such high expectations for the ride but even so, i just felt it was lacking something.

next up was wildcat. i love this ride. simple as that. its smooth but still has that wooden coaster feel. and the speed is great. after that was LR thunder. got to love the racing aspect. without it, the ride would be nothing. next was GB. not as bad as i remembered it but the ending still sucks especially with such a strong beginning. i love the helix off the hill.

after walking all over the park and sampling 4 coasters, we headed for the gates but on the way to the car, we made a stop to the chocolate factory tour ride. sort of interesting, sort of boring, sort of free chocolate at the end but i really dont like hersheys smores.

and that concluded my quick trip to hershey. the only reason for going was storm runner but i got to ride some of my favorites. overall a good trip. still need to knock down roller soaker though. i just didnt feel like getting wet today (or the last time i was there).

--------------------

My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress
Cyclonic

6/29/2004 10:50:00 PM
I never feel like getting that wet on that thing either. I feel pretty much the way you do on SR. The pacing is just lacking, and the inversions on really on the wield side. They just don't seem to flow very well.
MovieCoast

6/30/2004 4:33:00 PM
Don't worry about not hitting Roller Soaker. That's most boring ride that I've ever been on in my life!

--------------------
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

VISIT MY COASTER SITE!!!
http://moviecoastsworld.250free.com

Coaster Count: 43
bb_dg

6/30/2004 5:29:00 PM
well the only reason it bothers me is because ive only been on 115 coasters instead of 116
Swimace

6/30/2004 8:18:00 PM
I think if they built a ride like roller soaker with a first hakf that featured not as much water, but drops, turns, etc. and then went on to do the water thing.
3r1c

6/30/2004 10:47:00 PM
I think the cobra roll is awesome, when the train dives out it feels more like a twisting drop. While it sure is the ugliest element out there you can't really feel the odd transition. But that's just me. I guess I find it more unique.

However, today I noticed the banking at the end was rough, like Sidewinder without padding rough.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics