Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Coney Island, with pictures
Cyclonic

6/28/2004 10:09:00 PM
Though I am doing this first, the Coney Island parks were my second stop of the day, with my first being Adventureland. I should get that report written towards the end of the week.

After finding some decent street parking, I headed over to the Coney Island boardwalk, where I was meet by a throng of people.

Coney Island is like no other park, anywhere. Here you find all walks of life. An amazing diversity of people with just one common goal, to have a good time along the beach, be it the rides, swimming, or tanning. Me, I was there for the rides.

If there is one thing to know about the rides at Coney Island, they are all run in insane mode. All the more reason to first hop on the Break Dance.

This is like no other Break Dance anywhere. The motion of the ride is entirely controlled by the operator, and he knows what he is doing. He was easily able to choose which cars he really wanted to get spinning, making for an awesome, and long ride.

I passed up the Top Spin 2, I didn't want to get soaked. It was entertaining simply to watch though.

I did take a 90 second video of it, and as soon as I can reduce the size I will post it. I shows just how insane this ride is as well.

I headed out to Surf Ave and got a ride on the Elderado Bumper Skooter, where you can "bump your ass off"

This bumper car ride is like none other. It is totally indoors, and is like riding bumper cars in a night club, complete with strobes, colored lights, and really loud music. On top of that, the amazing ride operators actually jump from car to car while the ride is running, helping to keep the little ones from getting stuck.

Denos, and the Wonder Wheel were the next stop.

The Wonder Wheel is fun, and just a classic. I wish the ride were longer, including loading, you only go around twice. But you do get a great view of the area below.

A quick ride on Skook-a-Rama was next. It is a classic single room darkride. All of the gags were working perfectly, though I prefer multi-room darkrides.

No trip here is complete without some Nathan's.

Crossing Surf Ave, I headed for the B&B Carousel.

This carousel runs pretty fast, and has a wonderful band organ. They also have a brass ring catch, which every classic carousel should have. The horses were pretty beat up though, and in bad need of restoration. Multiple layers of paint is taking its toll, and there is cracked and chipped paint everywhere. It also has an odd location across the street from the rest of the rides, and would do well with a move across the way.

Back across the street, I finished the evening with a lap on the Cyclone.

I like to say that the Cyclone reflects New York. It will chew you up and spit you out, but you always have a good time on it. Is it rough, sure is, but it is also so much fun. Great airtime combined with fast, hard turns and sheer drops are what makes this ride such a legend. Combine that with the whole take no prisioners attitude of the ride ops, and the reflecti
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
6/29/2004 9:21:00 AM
AWESOME, Cyclonic - this is truly the ultimate Trip Report. You captured Coney perfectly, and your photos rock. And folks, learn from this guy - that has to be the best closing line of any post, anywhere. Sweet - you have my applause. :beer:
larrygator

6/29/2004 5:43:00 PM
Nice job Cyclonic, but what do you mean no re-rides, I always pay for the rerdie just to get the back seat? do they prohibit re-rides when it is busy?
Cyclonic

6/29/2004 10:21:00 PM
Yup. I had my four bucks ready to go too. It had a long line, so I guess they didn't want to make those folks wait, and they wanted to make an extra buck out of it.
Cyclonic

6/29/2004 10:22:00 PM
Quote:
adriahna said:
AWESOME, Cyclonic - this is truly the ultimate Trip Report. You captured Coney perfectly, and your photos rock. And folks, learn from this guy - that has to be the best closing line of any post, anywhere. Sweet - you have my applause. :beer:

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it. I kinda like doing the reports like this. It is more work, but they come out pretty nice and you can see what I am talking about.
Animan1

6/30/2004 5:02:00 PM
I like the reports with photos too. Nice job Cyclonic. Of course, your TRs are always great...
Cyclonic

6/30/2004 11:07:00 PM
I finally got that Top Spin 2 video up. It is 90 seconds of the ride cycle (I was running out of memory or I would have recorded the whole thing). It is an insane ride.

http://www.penncoasters.com/downloads/Top%20Spin%202.rm
Danny

8/7/2004 10:25:19 PM
My parents wouldn't let me ride the Auto Skooters. They looked like so much fun, especially with the catchy slogan. (Bump your ass off )
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics