Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: IOA
ThmPrkCrtc

$#@!& out of me."
6/27/2004 9:31:00 PM
Quick write up of my trip out to IOA/Universal Today.

Met some friends that stayed at one of the property hotels and scored me an extra express pass/room key, day starts off pretty good I havn't been since Jan, so it's been a while, was nice to take a break, kinda let me forget how great some of the rides were, even in six months.

Hulk was first rode great, pretty hot day overall so the express pass getting us on in less than 5 minutes was nice.

Hit the Dr. Doom ride next, still fun, but still needs something.. more fear I think

Spiderman was next, I forget how good this ride really is. After a few months away it's just staggering how well put together everything in this ride is. The movie, the story, even the que, is just pure class. I still think it's the best attraction all around I've been on (matter of fact I'm moving this to the top of my top ten list right after this.)

Headed over to Fire and Ice next. Recommended riding Ice first, just because I like Fire better and didn't want to ride and then sour it with Ice Both coasters are still running very very well. Fire still destroys ice, was happy that my friend that rode along concured without even being asked. Both are fun, both ran smooth and in perfect sync for the dueling.

Decided to get some lunch about this time and head over to Universal and check out The Mummy and Jimmy Neutron since I hadn't seen them yet. Got a seat a Jimmy Buffets and watched the typical 3PM Florida rain storm roll through soaking and clearing out both parks. Few beers and a few wings later we headed over to the entry.

The park was still pretty wet and sprinkling... I cursed myself around this time for leaving my raincoat in the car since I didn't want to tote it, we press on to The Mummy... CLOSED... some sort of problem, they say at least a few hours... bah..

We head over to Jimmy and get in the express line, hoping to go back and find it open. Jimmy was a mixed bag for me. Been on a million of these types of rides, the big movie, the car moves, etc etc. I was really not liking it until the last few scenes... it just felt like a giant Nick commercial to me. Nice touch at the very very end with the conclusion of the movie.. it saved the ride for me.. if rating it it would have went from a 3 or 4 to a 5 or 6.

Head back to The Mummy.. still closed.. raining harder now.. curse myself again for leaving the stupid Jacket in the car. Decide to challenge my friend and his wife to the MIB championship of the world. Line for MIB is about 75 minutes.. I kiss my express line hotel card and we wait around 15 and avoid another down pour.

The ride on MIB was neck and neck, my friend Bob started off in the lead, but I quickly caught up during the part where you can shoot the opposing car, scoring four hits for 25k each... ride suddly stops.. we both continute firing and racking up points.... ride stays still.. we score.. repeat repeat... here's a few tips for if you go to ride MIB..

1) Hold the trigger, you don't have to rapid fire.. this will save your finger, and get you the free 10k every 10-15 seconds even if you shoot nothing.

2) Move from target to target when shooting, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like you score more for getting more targets.

3) If the ride gets stuck.. jam finger on trigger and punch your friend and profit!

Anyways.. I'm up 25k and were at the last part of the ride where you hit the red button.. I know that only two people in the car score the bonus, and I know they both know it.. we all three raise hands at the proper point... "Push the Red Button Now," booms from the ride.. we all press... his wife +100,000... his screen +100,000.. my screen... 0.... foiled! My championship run has ended and been handed over.

I had around 300,000k, he ended up with 350k.. considering he got the bonus, I still consider myself the winner, but gave up the title... I'm not one to argue the finer points, and in the end it's w
bb_dg

6/27/2004 10:39:00 PM
i would love to get down to IOA at some point. its looks amazing. great TR. i might be making it down this august (keep my fingers crossed) and ill definately be sure to stay at a park hotel. the port afino (sp?) looks really really nice
yfz450

6/27/2004 10:54:00 PM
good tr.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics