Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFGAdv, June 25, with pictures
Cyclonic

6/25/2004 11:47:00 PM
I have only visited once so far this season, so this Friday I decided to take a spin over to the park after work. The park was not at all crowded, and I got a nice close spot by the season pass entrance. I love that perk, and hope if they build this new coaster they simply move the entrance out some, it is very convineant.

Anyway, after entering I immediately run into Amie, busily (yeah, right) sweeping paths.

As it turns out, half the Park is down due to a power outage, and has been since about 1:30, so they were actually overstaffed. The only thing open in Frontier Adventures was Rolling Thunder, the cows, and the torture device (AKA Viper).

I went over and hopped on RT. They were running just the left side, but both trains. It was about a 15 minute wait. The ride was not too bad, some air time on the out going leg, very smooth and boring coming back.

Next up was a ride on Rodeo Stampede.

I found something missing here, can you guess what it is?

I decided I would spare myself the agony that is Viper, and head around to the otherside of the park towards Nitro.

The Flying Wave was still down, but it looks like it is almost back together.

Nitro is finally getting something it has been is desprate need of, a canopy. Below you can see the three additions the queue line has gotten, the supports for the canpy, a DJ to entertain (and he was taking requests), and some security (yeah!!!). Fortantly, the line was not more then 20 minutes long, and a station wait as the night went on, so these new additions were not needed.

After a few rides on Nitro, it was back out and around to hit Batman, where the Batmobile has made a return.

Batman looks great in its new paint job, and even seems to ride better. Better still, the crew this year seems much more enthusiastic. The were fast, efficant, and friendy. So much so, that the ride was a walk-on, which is always nice.

They have built a new ladder climb game next to the stunt show.

It is nice to have the stunt show back. It was actually pretty good too. Lots of action, explotions, and fighting. No boring diolag, it just gets right into it.

I walked out of the stunt show to find it raining. The robin side of Chiller was up and running, but I decided to skip it this time and made my way back to the other side of the park to see if Madusa had opening back up.

The rain made for a nice glow on the Boardwalk.

Superman was running one train ops, so I didn't even bother heading that way. Runaway Train had opened up, so I got a quick ride on that, and then a few rides on Medusa, which was runnning great and had no wait at all, before I headed out, at about 9:30. Overall, a nice little visit, with the clouds keeping the crowds at bay. Also, I talked to a lot of folks who were from the Baltimore area, and had been to SFA. All seemed very happy with the park, and enjoyed it more then SFA (which I do too). Wonder if there was a bus trip or something, seeing how so many seemed to be up this way today.

One more nice parting picture.

[img
Message updated 6/25/2004 11:48:00 PM by Cyclonic
Animan1

6/26/2004 4:52:00 PM
Unfortunately, your last 3 pics don't work. But nice TR and pics anyway.

I remember the Batman stunt show we used to have at SFGAm when I was a little one; it was really good, but now it's a Wild West show with the addition of the Southwest Territory several years back. (Good because the Southwest Territory is awesome. )
sfo1

6/26/2004 5:15:00 PM
Wow, excellent pictures. SFGAdv looks like it has some great coasters.

When Geauga Lake was SFWoA and SFO, it had a Batman stunt show called "Batman Water Thrill Spectacular". It had some good pirotechnics, but the dialouge was VERY lame.
Cyclonic

6/26/2004 10:27:00 PM
Quote:
Animan1 said:
Unfortunately, your last 3 pics don't work. But nice TR and pics anyway.

You may have a slow connection and it timed out. Try refreshing the page. They do work.
Cyclonic

6/26/2004 10:29:00 PM
Quote:
sfo1 said:
Wow, excellent pictures. SFGAdv looks like it has some great coasters.

When Geauga Lake was SFWoA and SFO, it had a Batman stunt show called "Batman Water Thrill Spectacular". It had some good pirotechnics, but the dialouge was VERY lame.

We may be getting that show as well. The boats from the GL show have shown up near the lake, though when I noticed them the other night, it was too dark to get a good shot of them.
larrygator

6/27/2004 1:46:00 AM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
We may be getting that show as well. The boats from the GL show have shown up near the lake, though when I noticed them the other night, it was too dark to get a good shot of them.

I that saw one of those boats behine a maintainence shed when I was on Medusa going up the lift hill
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics