Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hersheypark and Storm Runner: 6/7/04
MovieCoast

6/8/2004 11:44:00 AM
Yesterday was a great day at Hersheypark, just like every day there is. We started the day of with Sooperdooperlooper, which was running good, as usual, and then headed for Great Bear. GB surprised me this on my ride, because it was actually a decent ride! It was fast and fun for a change! Next we hit Trailblazer, and this year I actually noticed the themeing that it has lol. After that, we headed for Canyon River Rapids, which was closed, and then went back to ride Rodeo, because no one was on it or in line for it for that matter. We decided to eat an early lunch at Shakey's Drive-In and we then went back to a now open Cnayon River Rapids, which, of course, completely soaked us. Next, I had my single worst ride ever on Sidewinder, with maxium headbanging and an all around not fun ride. The next ride of the day would be the best though: STORM RUNNER!!!

Words cannot describe this coaster. It's fast, it's smooth, it's intense, and it's INSANE. The wait for the ride was only half and hour with a full queue. This ride has to have the fasting moving line that I've ever seen. Once inside the station though, it looked like the Stock Market lol. We chose to sit anywhere we could get a seat, and I was tense. The launch was simply amazing and the forces were INCREDIBLE!!! The 180 ft. vertical was great as well, and I recieved some insane air in the zero-g roll. I could not believe what I had just ridden!!! I felt bad that I couldn't give the ride a 10, but it was just too short!

After that insane ride, we got Dip and Dots and then headed the Midway America. We hit Wildcat first, and that was probably my best ride on that coaster. We went to Musik Express and then lost to Thunder on Lightning Racer. We then headed back, I had my first ever ride on Claw, which was totally insane and a lot of fun. After that, I decided to finally have my first ride ever on Chaos, but it was closed, so we headed back for Storm Runner for a front seat ride, which was even better than our first one. Chaos was finally open, so we hit that, and I've never felt more unsafe on anything in my life! After dinner,we headed back to Comet Hollow for two good rides on Comet and then rode Great Bear again, but this time it was horrible! We then took our last ride on Storm Runner and then hit Pirate and ended the day with a less than inspiring ride on Claw.

I had an amazing day at Hersheypark!!! This was the last year I can go with band, because only jr. high gets to go to Hershey, but hopefully I'll get back there anyway. GO THERE NOW AND RIDE STORM RUNNER!!!

--------------------
If life is a roller coaster, why can't it be an enjoyable one?

Coaster Count: 37
Swimace

6/8/2004 7:42:00 PM
sounds great. I'm still holding out for August! Damn you people!!! Great TR MovieCoast
Animan1

6/9/2004 9:32:00 AM
Nice TR. SR sounds like a great coaster. Another reason for me to plan an east-coaster coaster run sometime in the future. BTW, Moviecoast, do you realize you were there the same day as Chet?
MovieCoast

6/9/2004 4:38:00 PM
Yeah. We were discussing that lol.

--------------------
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

VISIT MY COASTER SITE!!!
http://moviecoastsworld.250free.com

Coaster Count: 38
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics