Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags Great Adventure Questions
CMC2454

6/2/2004 12:43:00 PM
I'm planning on going to SFGAdv next Friday and Saturday (not this week, but the next.) It is my first time there. I have a few questions...

-How will the crowds be overall?

-Specifically, what coasters get crowded and where should I head to first? I plan on arriving at around noon-ish on Friday and I will be there early on Saturday. So a good walk-through plan would be nice.

-What coasters have little/no lines or are the least crowded?

-Where are the best places to eat.

If you can answer these questions and/or give me a good trip plan, I'd appreciate it!
larrygator

6/2/2004 2:10:00 PM
food in the park isn't cheap. I think the best food is in the Midway area (Nathan's Hot Dogs or a little Caribbean place next to the cheessteak place). You'd be better off leaving the park driving towards I-195 for one mile and getting a big cheap sandwich from the Wawa convenince store.

As far as crowds, it will probably be crowded on both days, less so on Friday.
Around 6PM Friday, lines should shorten a little and at that time time you should check out the lines for the following Batman and Robin:The Chiller, Superman:Ultimate Flight, Skull Mountain and Batman:The Ride

For Saturday try to ride these coasters first especially S:UF and BandR:The Chiller. I would avoid the lines for Batman and Robin:The Chiller, Superman:Ultimate Flight, Skull Mountain and Batman:The Ride after 12 noon, these tend to have the slowest moving lines. FYI - with B&R:Chiller if both line look the same length the Batman side will always be longer (snakes around inside the station) but most people think Batman is a better ride than Robin. And once the park gets crowded you will be better served getting multiple rides on Nitro and Medusa. Both of these rides load fairly quickly making the lines move faster. Rolling Thunder, Great American Scream Machine and Viper tend to usually have shorter lines than the other coasters.
larrygator

6/2/2004 2:14:00 PM
Quote:
CP guy said:
I've never been their but welcome to the site

You CP Guy - stop making useless posts and go find out what D-Day is or search for info on the Kissimmee SkyCoaster
CMC2454

6/2/2004 2:35:00 PM
Thanks a lot Larry Gator. I appreciate your help.

Which do you suggest to go to first: B+R:TC or S:UF? Are they near each other?

BTW, I am registered as Schroom, but I forgot my password and didn't feel like recovering it.
bb_dg

6/2/2004 4:15:00 PM
-How will the crowds be overall?
the park tends to get pretty crowded on the weekends

-Specifically, what coasters get crowded and where should I head to first?
head to superman first. that always has the biggest lines. from there i would hit the nitro side of the park (chiller gets crowded too) and then to the medusa side. dont worry about lines on nitro or medusa, they move fast and are usually fairly small to begin with

-Where are the best places to eat.
i prefer wok and roll (next to skull mountain). pretty good chinese. your best bet would be to head to wawa though

--------------------

My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress
CMC2454

6/2/2004 4:35:00 PM
Thanks. Is Skull Mountain or Batman the Ride worth a long wait?
larrygator

6/2/2004 9:24:00 PM
Batman the ride is still worth the wait unless it extends out past the old Gotham Police Car.

I'd skip Skull Mountain unless you know the line is short than than 35 minutes, ask someone who just got off before you get on line. The line is totally inside the building so it is hard to judge.

If you have to pick between S:UF and Chiller you should try S:UF for the unique factor, unless you have never been on a launch coaster, then choose Chiller.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
6/3/2004 8:57:00 AM
I'd agree with larrygator, here - S:UF is fun overall, but it doesn't capture the intensity of the Chiller. I left S:UF thinking, "well, that was interesting", but left Chiller thinking, "my God, that was great" - just giving you my opinion.
MovieCoast

6/3/2004 2:30:00 PM
I've heard that the park is crowded, way too expensive, and that it is dirty. Or was that what I was told about EVERY Six Flags park .

--------------------
If life is a roller coaster, why can't it be an enjoyable one?

Coaster Count: 37
larrygator

6/3/2004 2:58:00 PM
Quote:
MovieCoast said:
I've heard that the park is crowded, way too expensive, and that it is dirty. Or was that what I was told about EVERY Six Flags park .

Crowded - I think that is true for all their top tier parks. They really push their season passes meaning people visit over and over throughout the season. However, I generally try to go only when the weather is poor or during the off season.
Expensive - most parks are, this is not exclusive to SF. Although their parking charges are obscene. The only park I that ever surprised me with non-expensive food was Knoebels. and Lake Compounce if you include the free soda. Dirty - sometimes a function of the crowds. Disney is clean obseessed and it needs to be to attract families. CP employees take pride in their work. I didn't find SFGAdv to be any dirtier than Hersheypark or Dorney Park. Actually, I thought the restrooms at Hershey were atrocious last weekend.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
6/3/2004 4:02:00 PM
I'm not sure about Hershey or Dorney - haven't been to either - but I have to say that SFGadv had the most disgusting bathrooms I've seen in a long time. I'm talking on the same level as a NYC subway bathroom...trust me, I know.
bb_dg

6/3/2004 4:16:00 PM
you know, for all the many many times ive been to great adventure, ive only been in the bathrooms a handful of times. they are pretty bad but bearable. DP is much much better
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics