Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author A coaster-trip to the US Oct. 10th to 20th
Berlin

10/31/2003 6:02:00 AM
Alright, that´s the first time I´m writing something here but I just came back from some great vacation in the US that almost completely consisted of riding coasters and going to amusement parks, so I thought this might be of some interest to you. Please note that everything I say about how good or bad some of the things that I´ve experienced during my trip are just my personal opinions and I´m not interested at all in bad talk about what might be your personal favourite coaster, all that depends on your personal taste I guess. Also forgive me for some mistakes in language, but English is not my native language and I hope, you´ll be able to understand what I want to say even if there might be some mistakes.

Okay, I started my trip with Cedar Point, cause that was something I wanted to do all my life and then went on to Orlando. My brother works there (yes, at Disney) and I wanted to visit him and, besides that, I have been there the last time some years ago, I don´t remember exactly when, but it was when Islands of Adventures was currently under construction, so now there were quite a few nice things to see there too.

I arrived in the US on Friday, 10th and I made a free stop-over deal with delta giving me three times in Ohio. Well, I had to drive all the way from Cincinnati to Sandusky and because everybody told me that would be about a 3,5 hours drive I originally planned to visit the Point on Friday night. Well, bad idea... By the time I made it through immigration and customs and after some trouble with my rental car (ouh, automatic gear, well, we don´t have this in Europe, and cruise control, what´s that?) I ended up in some really bad traffic on Friday night in Cincinnati. After an awfully long drive all the way up to Sandusky I finally arrived there about 11pm at night with a total of about six hours driving there so the first day at Cedar Point was Saturday, 11th. Yes, the first time ever I make my big dream happen and get to Cedar Point was Saturday, 11th. For all of you who weren´t there, it was probably the worst day you could chose for going there if you haven´t been there before. I have never seen longer lines in any park in the whole world, it was unbelievable. Dragster was a 3,5 hours wait most time during that day, and in the early evening even Gemini was 1,5 hours. I talked to some peaople there who go there more frequently and I got the impression that this is absolutely not what it´s normally like at CP during this time of the season. I ended up waiting for over half an hour just for getting dinner! Well, don´t get me wrong, I had a great time anyway and the reason for all these people coming up to the point was the perfectly warm and sunny weather. And I went there again on Sunday, so I got all my coaster riding on my second day.

I´ll now tell you about how good or not that good I thought those coasters at Cedar Point where, and with my second part of my vacation down in Florida I have some good ways of comparing all those rides. I know very well, that some of you will disagree about the one or the other, but as I have said before, that´s just my personal opinion.

Well, I start with the "not that great ones". First, mean streak, I just don´t know why this thing turns out to be THAT bad. I mean, it looks pretty nice at first and it doesn´t even seem that old (or am I wrong about that?) but I´ve never been on any coaster giving me such a rough ride, assuring you get some bad headache no matter in which row you sit. That´s something I don´t like about many wooden coasters, they normally give me some type of aching in my head (though there are few exceptions to this rule), but this one is really bad. And besides that, they somehow managed to build a woodie that gives you absolutely not the smallest feeling of airtime, at least not as far as I have noticed (one time third row, one time last).

Okay, the headache thing, you know, if a coaster is just boring or lame, that is still much better than g
Red Rascal

10/31/2003 7:54:00 AM
Gut TR! How do the American parks compare to the ones over there?
sfo1

10/31/2003 5:39:00 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!Longest TR I've ever seen!Its great, welcome to the site
Cyclonic

10/31/2003 11:35:00 PM
Fantastic report. I would love to hear comparisons to the parks in Europe as well. Heck, TR from them would be great, you never get to hear about them.

--------------------

The Coasters of 2003
Animan1

6/14/2004 8:26:00 PM
Berlin has left the building... It was a great TR though.
larrygator

6/15/2004 12:31:00 AM
Great Trip Report - at least you got to ride all the CP coasters even with the lines
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics