Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author ACE Day at Moreys Pier - 7/26/03
bb_dg

7/26/2003 9:01:00 PM
well today, my adventures in coasterdom lead me to the jersey shore for the first time this summer and wildwood for the first time in my life. we always go to forked river/seaside heights and margate/ocean city when we go to the shore. anyways, today was ACE day at moreys piers, a brand new park for me.

got to the park at about 9:30 for registration (only 28 bucks, 1/3 off normal price for ride all day) but had to wait around till 10 when the ERT started on doo wooper and great white. got my first ride on great white in the front seat. this coaster is a really nice coaster and smoother than people have made it out to be. i love the dive under the boardwalk- the best drop of the ride. it was during this time that i also lost my wallet. needless to say i was freaking out because in it was a credit card, drivers license, SS card, money and everything else that is important to me. luckily, after search doo wooper and reporting it to public relations, i went back to the great white station in a last ditch effort and sure enough, there was a fellow ACEr there waiting for me to come and retrieve my wallet. really nice guy and i am so thankful he did that.

well, at this point it was getting close to lunch (and the opening of the rest of the piers) so we got pizza and headed for the middle pier. did the coasters once each, the ferris wheel, haunted house, tower ride and bicycle monorail. all great rides and i found the boomerang to be smoother than others i have been on

after that it was off to the third pier where we again, did all the coasters as well as some flat rides. great nor'easter (front seat) was also smoother than other hang and bangs i thought and it was one of the most thrilling coasters ive been on just because im a tall person and there are some very close calls. my favorite part of the ride is going into the inline twists inbetween the log flume and the helix.

overall i had a great time at the event and at the shore. got a chance to take a dip in the ocean (damn that was cold), get some fudge and saltwater tafffys, get some orange and vanilla swirl kohrs ice cream and of course lemonade... all you standard shore foods. as for wildwood itself, i think i enjoy seaside heights and ocean city more

--------------------

My Personal Coaster Site
My General Aviation Site
Red Rascal

7/26/2003 9:18:00 PM
Are all the piers like seperate parks with different costs?
bb_dg

7/26/2003 9:28:00 PM
well there are three piers but they are all apart of one park. each pier has two or three coasters on it as well as other flats. the piers are spead out though. basically, you can do each ride with tickets or an all day pass which is good at all piers
Cyclonic

7/26/2003 10:40:00 PM
I didn't know you were there. I was there too, I was the guy with the blue Knoebel's Lumber shirt on. It was a great event, I got some serious marathon riding in on the Great White too. Loved the ride. I felt the first drop into the bunny hills was the best, particually in the back seat. I also liked the first swooping turnaround, witht he boards in the middle of the track there it literally sounded like a race car going around that turn.

I took a ton of photos, I should have them formated and ready to go by tommorrow.
bb_dg

7/26/2003 10:48:00 PM
o no way, i remember seeing you because i thought that shirt was cool. i was one of two people (the younger of the two) wearing the white paramount parks shirt from CC
Horizons12

7/26/2003 11:42:00 PM
ah Wildwood, every year my family goes there for vacation. I'm going from Aug 3rd-7th and I CANT WAIT!

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

"Open the pod bay doors HAL" -2001: Space Odyessy
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics