Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land PTR Aug 08
mrceagle

8/31/2008 11:42:18 PM
With news that my parents were headed to Story land with my niece I figured it would be a great chance to hit the park this year. I invited my friend Anya who had never been to the park before. My friend and I got an early start and meet up with my parents at 9:30 in Meredith. We then all hoped into one vehicle to make the trip to the park. We arrived at around 11:00 and went right in. Walking in I noticed one of the first changes for 2008. They had rebuilt the gas station I though. On closer observation a city Hall had been built. The Chester and Hester animatronics have returned. The building now offers Drivers licenses for kids for 6.00 dollars. I would guess they also use this building for season pass ($64) processing.

We made our way to the Bamboo chutes and found a short line from there we bought out on ride photo which has gone up in price since last year. We bought 2 and got a small discount. My friend and I went to DR Geysers Remarkable Raft Ride while my parents and niece went to play in the photo spot flume boat. The raft ride was less wet then normal with many of the gags not spraying as hard as it would I the middle of the hot summer. Still a great ride my friend had a blast.

While heading to the raft ride and after getting off I noticed they added a small wet zone with the small popping water spouts. A nice little addition but I think it’s a little misplaced within the park. Maybe they wanted to keep it in the same area as the 2 water rides.

We all made our way to the parks Roller coaster the Poller Coaster. My friend and I got the back seat and my niece and father took the next seat forward. My niece loves this coaster and my friend really enjoyed it. She isn’t a big fan of huge rides so this coaster and the other rides in the park were right up her ally. You could say they are just right! We also took a couple rides on the CockooClockinspiel before taking another ride on the Poller Coaster. My friend rode with my niece. It’s amazing how much her face lights up as she rides the coaster.

We all took a ride through the Slipshod Safari. My niece and friend then took a spin on the whirling whales. Another chance for this year was that the park took out the small sandcastle maze and installed a sea themed pay game.

We hit the new Circus Show which was very good. Though a little short on seating, it was standing room only just after we got there. The show had a good selection of acts and all were well presented. Though they could have played to the back audience. We watched the backs of the performers most of the show.

We hit the Turtle Twirl and Flying fish before grabbing a bite to eat. Good news, the food prices have not increased. We then took a ride on the Tractor ride and crazy barn.

The rest of the day was spent hitting attractions my friend and I Hit the Silver Mind, then we all hit the carousel, Pirate ship, and Tea Cups. Alice’s Tea cups have been painted, and the ride is not under cover. A great upgrade you cannot really notice if you didn’t know it used to be uncovered.

My nice went to play in the little dreamer play area and then the tree house. My friend and I went to the front of the park to take the closing time train run as our last ride.

We met back up with my family after a quick side track through the 3 bear’s house and past grandma’s house. Of the bat I heard some music I have not heard before. I walked over to the tree knot that held a small image last year. Now a small model room lay within. The music slowed and suddenly an image appeared. There is now a small peeper’s ghost effect showing of a video hologram of a leprechaun. A pleasant surprise!

I ran into one of the parks managers. Not having much time to talk he ask about our feelings on the circus show. I did find out it’s on a year to year contract but they will be back for 2009. I was unable to ask about any new attractions.

Photo’s coming soon!

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Canobie Coaster

9/3/2008 11:28:44 PM
Glad you had a good day. Can'.t wait to see the photos.

I really want to make it up to Glen and visit here since I haven'.t been since 2003 (I think).
mrceagle

10/5/2008 11:37:07 PM
Thing have been hectic but I hope to have some photos up soon.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics