Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags New England: April 25, 2008 TR
Canobie Coaster

4/26/2008 11:27:37 AM
Earlier this week two friends asked if I was interested in going to Six Flags New England with them and how could I say no. After a 2 hour ride to the park, I arrived and reluctantly forked over $15 to park. Anyway, after walking to the main gate I went right in and headed towards the Cyclone with one of my friends (the other one was processing his season pass and is scared to death by the Cyclone).

Surprisingly it was a walk-on and my friend and I took the back seat. The air wasn't as strong as I remember last year, but it still was quite strong on the large drops. Afterwards we went on again, this time in the 2nd car, 1st row. The ride wasn't as thrilling, but it still was pretty smooth and there was decent air during the ride. After Superman and Batman this is my favorite coaster in the park. 8 out of 10

Then we all went on Time Warp. It too was a walk-on and I luckily got a front seat. Loading took quite a bit, but once the ride began I remembered why it is my second favorite flat in the park. The swinging gave more sensations this year in my opinion and the hang-time during the inversions was incredible. 9 out of 10

Next we all went on Pandemonium. The regular line was near the 1 hour mark so we all did the single rider line and got on in about 5-10 minutes. My ride had tons of spinning thanks to my car being unbalanced with me sitting on the side with a mother and then two 5 year olds on the other. Still a very fun ride despite its size that is way better than many coasters that are much larger than it. 8 out of 10

Afterwards we went on Flashback, which was a walk-on. I got a seat towards the back (don't remember exactly where) and got a ride that was rougher than I remember it being. The first drop was excellent as usual, but after that was some painful headbanging mixed in with strong Gs. 5 out of 10

Next we all got in the single riders line for Scream, whose regular wait was about 40 minutes long. It was running combo mode so we were psyched. Unfortunately, one of the towers broke down so we left and headed towards Superman. The car had successfully performed the space shot half, but when it tried to ascend for the turbo drop half, the ride just paused in the middle of the tower and didn't move. Eventually the ride slowly descended to the bottom and it reopened later. On the way to Superman, I noticed that all of the Dark Knight's facework has been torn down.

Superman had about a 30 minute wait, most likely due to an earlier break down (I witnessed 4 separate break downs on Superman alone yesterday). One of my friends had never been on Superman before and was getting freaked out, but we calmed him down and talked him into riding. He rode in the second to back and my other friend and I rode in the very back. It reminded me why it is my second favorite coaster behind Apollo's Chariot. The air during the ride was very good and the Gs were stronger this year than I remember last year. All of us ended up liking it and it's our favorite ride in the park. Afterwards we rode again in the same seats after a 10-15 minute wait and then we rode in the second to back car after a 5-10 minute breakdown. Two side notes, a young adult watching the ride after it began testing with nobody in it from off the ride didn't realize that it was supposed to be completely empty. Everyone in line heard him yell, "Holy (expletive)! Everyone fell of Superman! Call an ambulance!" My friends and I started cracking up from it. Also, a teenager snuck a hat by the employees at the mandatory lockers and was forced to ride with the hat stuffed down his shirt. 10 out of 10

Then we had lunch from Johnny Rocket's. I had a burger and it was decent and the fries were good as well, but it still wasn't worth the $11 price.

Now that Scream was back up and running, we got in the single riders line again (the normal wait was about a half hour long). We had no wait because<
Message updated 4/26/2008 11:40:50 AM by Canobie Coaster
coasterwom

5/17/2008 8:38:49 PM
It sounds like a pretty good park and that you had alot of fun. Your review was pretty good however, you need to decribe each ride so people who haven't visited the park know what to expect on each ride. Is there any new rides for this season?
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics