Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Nor Easter 08 Trip report
mrceagle

3/31/2008 4:19:37 PM
Nor Easter is a non-coaster riding Regional ACE event. It took place in Natick, Massachusetts. This was the same location that the event was held 2 years ago. After Lake Compounce last year this felt like a downgrade. But the Snacks were plentiful including freshly made fried Oreos.

I ended up getting there a little late. Didn’t really miss anything, one game. The only information I missed was that Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce would not be attending the event. LC had the Fan site walk through the same day while SFNE said they were having a job fair and wouldn’t be able to send them. They did send a DVD with videos from previous attractions and the teaser video for The Dark Night. All these videos can be found online.

Presentations started with the introductions of representatives from the New York Region of ACE and The Western NY Coaster club. ACE NY has an event Planed for Labor Day weekend. The parks will be at Darien Lake with ERT on Moto Coaster, Ride of Steel, etc as well as Martins Fantasy Island with ERT on Silver Comet and Wild Mouse. There was also of a small event in late June at Magic Forest in Lake George NY. The Western NY Coaster Club has an event at Canadian Wonderland. It will be held on August 31st with ERT on the new Behemoth and more.

New England ACE had a few updates. Funtown Fest will not be held this year. I later found out that the park made this choice in response to the Preservation Conference being held in this area. There will however be an event at Canobie Lake Park. No further information was giving since this event is still being planned. There was also a reminder of The Preservation conference to be held at LC, SFNE, and Quassy.

Funtown/Splashtown USA sent Ed Hodgton, Marketing Manager, down from Saco, Maine to talk to us. He restated that Futnown Fest would not be held in 08 but they hope to bring it back in 09. The new addition to the park this year will be a new Redemption Arcade located behind the bumper cars. The park plans to continue expanding Splashtown their water park in 2009. They plan to expand into an open grass area that is now used as a corporate picnic ground. They might ask something for the dry park within the next 2 years but nothing has been planed. The Galaxy has also been taken off the market and will stay for the time being.

Quassy sent us a presentation that talked about their 100year history. Some Key historical information: Celebrating it’s 100th anniversary. Opened as a trolley park by the CT Trolley Co and is one of only 11 trolley parks remaining. Original dance hall now holds the parks arcade. In 1983 the park added the Hershell Mad Mouse in place of their wood wild mouse and is one of only a few remaining in the world. Park expanded form just a beachfront to a water park in 2003, which was expanded in 06. According to their ride height list There will be 2 new rides. Galleon Pirate ship and a Giant slide

After a short brake and a Coaster Con Memories video made by Poul Coloumb, I personally got up and talked about other parks. I talked about the parks in NH as well as the New Whalom Park Ownership Program.

Santa’s Village is getting a new ride this year. The new Wave Swinger will be called Rocking around the Christmas Tree. They are building a new Flume station building. LARC as well as the upcoming down town, which should start construction in a few years, designed the station building. RWS will be presenting 3 all new shows this year. The RWS presentation of “One Upon a Christmas” show won the Golden ticket for best show in its price range.

Story Land will be focusing on shows this year. They have removed their Circus World Animatronic show and will be replacing it with a live music show. They are also adding the Royal Hannaford Circus, which just ended a long run at Adventure Land.

Canobie Lake Park is replacing 2 rides this year. Ocean trip and Round up are out, they will be replaced with Boston Harbor Patrol and Zero Gravi
Canobie Coaster

4/3/2008 5:22:18 PM
Good trip report. Too bad Funtown Fest isn't happening this year as I was considering going. But I'm stoked about Canobie having an event at long last. I'll definitely try to make it.
mrceagle

4/4/2008 5:15:43 PM
Ya Funtown fest was basically the only time I go to Funtown. Not sure if i will go this year. The new slides aren't much of a reason to go Since they can wait.

it is Good to hear that Canobie will have an event. It's only been 7 years since the last ACE event at Canobie.
Jackson001

4/18/2024 4:14:29 AM
With the plethora of options available, selecting the right one tailored to your needs is essential. Whether it's about compatibility, user interface, or codec support, the ideal media player should tick all the boxes. Thankfully, the Mac ecosystem offers a variety of choices, each with its unique strengths. From the well-established players like VLC and QuickTime to newer entrants boasting advanced functionalities, there's something for everyone. These media players for Mac not only handle a wide range of file formats with ease but also offer additional features like customizable interfaces, streaming capabilities, and integration with online platforms. Whether you're a casual user or a multimedia enthusiast, the right media player download for mac can elevate your viewing experience to new heights, making entertainment more immersive and enjoyable.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics