Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author PPP07
primogen18

10/7/2007 12:50:42 AM
Went there, was alone, didn't end up finding the person I was going to meet up with, attempted to say hello to people recognized from coasterbuzz ("heres a pic, if anyone sees us just say hello!", the ones who come off as approachable), and yeah, forgot how much off an ass people can be sometimes. It wasn't that bad being alone, but it sucked when you're completely ignored trying to extend a greeting to someone, or they literally say "whatever" and stick your nose up. I met 4 buzzers like this), and not only that, but if you're going to have the ego of a "pro coaster rider" act like one, which means I shouldn't have seen those same "enthusiasses" either skipping ahead in lines (which I did) or recklessly running off of the phoenix exit ramp not caring who is behind them (in one case a small kid who got whacked in the face by the gate when one in particular just banged through letting the gate swing back into the kids head) and when the mom said "excuse me!" to them, yeah she was ignored too, and these were people who at least looked grown up. Seriously if you're going to have the ego of a "coaster riding pro" at least try to act like one, or be a model rider and properly exit the ride with some responsibility (or courtesy maybe? hold the gate for maybe one second for the mother and her kid directly behind you so they can grab it instead of throwing it back at them)

After that I didn't feel like trying to "meet people" or whatever, I gave up (I must have just had a "asshole streak"), rode coasters. The other stuff looked neat (the antique cars etc) but would have sucked alone, so I got my $17 worth and left early.

I'm not generalizing all of the enthusiasts, just seriously people, where does the ego come from, why be so damn ignorant or stuck up/think you're superior, we share a hobby of liking coasters, I just do not get it. Maybe it's just because they were "popular" people at Cbuzz, who knows.

On the plus side, I did see more of the flying turns and it looks awesome in action, very quiet. The turns were only open at 6 to "observe them" where they took a group up into the station and gave info about the ride and ran the unfinished train through the course. Also saw Larry (Lado) near the turns, he was nice to meet/talk to and has some nice pics of the unfinished train going through the course. Coastin' Steve was there too helping with the trains, so I did meet a couple cool people and had a couple small chats in lines, just the cbuzz thing left a bad taste in my mouth especially when thats how my day started. The park puts on an awesome display near dark, wish I could have enjoyed it better, or at least had better experiences "meeting" people for a first PPP. The Twister and Phoenix both were FLYING, so I got some great rides in, and made the best of it. Phoenix in complete darkness, insane, and it never semmed faster. Better planning next time though eh?

--------------------

www.Myspace.com/Adema

www.Myspace.com/ThrodL

Message updated 10/7/2007 3:34:19 AM by primogen18
Jim S.

10/7/2007 6:36:53 PM
Was that you who said something to me around 11:30 by the FT entrance? If so, I'm really sorry, and I feel bad for giving you a bad impression. I had just got into the park, I wasn't feeling my best, and I was trying to see and hear what was going on with the Turns and I really didn't hear what you said or even realize if you were talking to me. I should've asked, but I'm normally pretty shy about meeting people and since you didn't say anything to me again, I would've felt awkward asking you who you were talking to. Now in retrospect I really feel like an idiot!

Everyone I did happen to talk to was friendly, or at least non-hostile, but I did notice a lot of other arrogant snobs having conversations amongst themselves, and yes they were all members of a certain club you mentioned on Coasterbuzz. Two of them were all like "they'll have to let us have a private ride on the FT next year" and another two or three were all happy about all the "Geauga Lake R.I.P" shirts they saw on people until they saw that on the back it said "Cedar Fair Sucks" and then they were all like "those shirts are just terrible, they shouldn't wear them"!

primogen18

10/7/2007 10:06:07 PM
^I guess I should have said something again later,(I got the impression you guys were just occupied checkin' out the turns as I coulda stayed there and watched them test run it all day... I just about did lol) I just kept trying saying hey to others and they gave me a cold shoulder, and likewise I'm shy as well so I was sorta hesitant to try anyone again. Theres always next phunfest/summer, Im not saying I don't want to meet anyone knew, it just was a shame since I was looking forward to it this year at phunfest.

sorry if my post came across as harsh, just was kinda disappointed, Knoebels is a 3 hour drive from me. Btw, I saw those shirts as well and completely agree with you.
Message updated 10/8/2007 12:37:18 AM by primogen18
coaster05

10/10/2007 5:19:41 PM
As a general rule of thumb 75% of enthusiasts are pretty much A-holes. They seem to lack a lot in the world of social norms and seem to be self centered. I have no idea why it has become that way, but it just seems to be. I personally am not a super out going guy, but I have none of the attitude you saw. however out of the 2,000+ people I saw at PPP, most did not appear to be people I would want to talk to.

Primogen to be honest I think you take some of this stuff way to personally. i know you had some troube on TPR and now with coasterbuzz, maybe you are just really different from a lot of enthusiast and thats ok. Find a few riding buddies and call it a day. That is what i have done.
primogen18

10/10/2007 11:12:39 PM
Yeah, I agree, I shouldn't take any of this personally, I feel kind of dumb for ever doing so.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/26/2007 12:57:39 PM
Meh... had I been there (wish I had, trust me), I'd have been thrilled to meet cha. Red-headed gals in Coney Island Polar Bear Club teamster jackets are always a good bet for chatting up. Especially considering there's only one of them. Well, okay... maybe two.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics