Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Palace Playland Photo TR
mrceagle

8/28/2007 6:49:55 PM
Since I was going to be in the area for the Funtown Fest event I figured I’d Stop By Palace Playland at Old Orchard Beach Maine. I didn’t need to be at Funtown Splashtown till at least 5:00 so I had plenty of time to check out this small beach side park. Since I arrived at the park at 1:00 I have plenty of time to enjoy the park.

I bought an all rides bracelet for $26.95 POP. Since it had been a while since I have been to the park I had 5 new rides in store for me. Which was my main reason for coming today. A new building had been built with apartments and businesses. The face of the area has changed quite a bit.

Drop Zone was first on my ride list. It’s a moderate sized drop tower. It had am interesting wrap around 12 seat car. The ride however wasn’t all that good. The movement wasn’t anything special and the drops only OK. No better then the frog hopers. The only thing that saved it in any way was its extra height.

Adrenalin was next up. New for 2007 the ride is a Technical Parks Street Fighter. I got 2 rides in throughout the day. I tried to get a 3rd but the new operator said I was too big and wouldn’t even let e try after informing her I had been on twice before. The ride was reasonably good. Powerful spinning and a good height on the swing but the cycle was really short.

Making a circle I hoped in line for the Galaxy roller coaster. I was on after a very short wait. It’s an enjoyable coaster. I hadn’t been on once since Canobie’s. The coaster was reasonably smooth and fit well into the compact park. I took 4 rides before leaving.

Moby Dick was next. While this have been at the park for some time not it was another new ride for me. It has a solid RPM speed. It’s gives good Lats as it spins without being too bad. It’s an enjoyable ride and one of the few more adult rides in the park.

Orient Express was next up. This is the parks second Coaster, a Wisdom standard model. The coaster is absolutely terrible. Though it is operating better then the last time I rode it. The helix of the hill is too small and the ride rough. The train is bounced by the wheels on the lift hill. If you need the credit take a ride but otherwise skip it.

I hoped on the Tilt-a-whirl and took some pics of the park. The Tilt-a-whirl runs well and they operate a long cycle. But it’s hidden in the back corner behind a few kiddie rides. But make sure to seek it out on your visit.
[url=http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg5260s
Canobie Coaster

8/28/2007 8:58:11 PM
Great trip report. I really enjoyed Drop Zone and it was my favorite at Palace Playland.
mrceagle

8/28/2007 10:14:40 PM
I didn't like it all that much. Thought The Moser towers had better movement and drops. felt like an overgrown frog hoper to me.
Canobie Coaster

8/29/2007 5:39:32 PM
To each his own I guess. Hey, but it gave me enough courage finally to try out Dragon's Descent at Funtown. It was insanely good!
mrceagle

8/30/2007 1:35:16 AM
had already been on a handful of towered by the time I road this one. likely one reason why my opinion was deferent.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics