Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author PKD Tips
Hercules

8/27/2007 4:54:23 PM
We are heading to PKD for a weekend trip to Virginia in October and we are just wondering what kind of general tips are out there for this time of year. How good is the Halloween stuff? Any vegetarian friendly food?

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

coasterf42

8/27/2007 5:59:59 PM
I've been there about six times over the last two years, but really I can't say anything about the food. I don't get it because it's too darn expensive! The funnel cake I got once was crap and the fries by the Paramount Theater were okay, but overpriced.

If I remember right, on an October morning last year they were only running one train on Volcano, so you really HAVE to do that towards the begining of the day. XLC is crap, but for a first timer, you've got to experience the launch.

I've only been to the KD Halloween stuff, so I don't know what to compare it to, but I was underwelmed. Cedar Fair is expanding it though, this year. Last year they left the rides on at night and there were no lines at all.
Message updated 8/30/2007 2:54:32 PM by coasterf42
Canobie Coaster

8/28/2007 9:56:29 AM
Go on HyperSonic. They are getting rid of it after this year. Volcano is just plain amazing and their three big wooden coasters provide great air-time. Italian Job is fun too.
coasterf42

8/28/2007 9:36:27 PM
Wait a minute. You've been on Boulder Dash and Phoenix and think KD woodens have great air-time. Sorry, I love KD, but even I admit now that their woodens are mediocer.

And who ever said HyperSonic was "gone?"
Hercules

8/29/2007 2:49:03 PM
Apparently Hypersonic has been on the market since Cedar Fair took the park over.
Timberman

8/29/2007 9:58:18 PM
My own impression of KD is that no single ride in and of itself justifies a trip, but as a collection, they're worth a visit. Hurler was delivering punchy little rides the last time I was there, but the wait for Hypersonic was brutal. While not my favorite types of rides, I also thought Flight of Fear and Volcano represented their respective genres quite well. For my money, the weirdest, most intense segment of any KD ride was the helix on Shockwave. I really can't offer any insight on navigating the park or insider information on great deals, but I hope you enjoy your trip.
Message updated 8/29/2007 9:59:28 PM by Timberman
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics