Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park TR Thursday 8/16/07
Canobie Coaster

8/18/2007 8:20:46 AM
I decided that it would be a wonderful time for my second and final visit to Canobie this year last Thursday. This time I would be going with two of my friends (both of which who went to Canobie earlier this year and last year with me). After a fairly quick car ride (light traffic!), we arrived at my hometown park. To my amazement, the parking lot wasn’t very full yet (it was 11:15). Well, once inside the park we went straight for the Tall Timber Splash Water Coaster, their wet/dry water slides which can build up a very long wait as the day goes on.

Once there we ran right up the staircase and found Tall Timber Splash Water Coaster to have a rather short wait (5 minutes). We boarded the wet side first and all of us had a great time. Earlier this year we got soaked on the wet side and came off dry on the wetter side, but this time the wet side was just how it had been in previous years with a few good splashes, but nothing like I got earlier this year. Afterwards we went on again and this time it had a longer wait (about 5-10 minutes) and we tried the wetter side. I rode alone and came off mostly dry, but my two friends came off completely soaked. The extra weight must have helped. Now the line was about twice our line so we decided it was time for a different ride. Still, this always is fun as long as the line isn’t bad. 7 out of 10

Afterwards we decided to do the Mine of Lost Souls, but it wasn’t opened yet, so instead we decided to do the Policy Pond Log Flume because we already were wet. After a 15 minute wait (even with a good amount of it being outside of the station thanks to the very fast moving line), we boarded one of the many logs. The ride wasn’t as good as the one at Rye Playland anymore in my opinion, but it still was a very fun ride. The drops didn’t feel very steep, but the final one was a pretty good size and the splash got me fairly wet. Unlike many other flumes, this one utilizes the terrain and keeps most of the layout hidden by staying close to the ground and going around trees. Overall, still one of the best examples of a flume ride. 10 out of 10

Then we decided to go do some flat rides. The entire area with the Xtreme Frisbee, Canobie 500, and Twist & Shout was completely packed with camp kids. I couldn’t tell where any of the lines began. Instead of entering the madness we did Wipeout. It had a 5 minute wait and I ended up riding backwards. The one operator loaded the ride quicker than I remember last year. Just like it always is, the Wipeout was amazingly fun and much better than other versions of the ride I have been on. There was some good air-time going over the top and the finale has crazy-intense laterals many other rides can’t come close to matching. This easily is my second favorite flat ride behind Star Blaster. 10 out of 10

Afterwards we decided to go on Canobie’s major steel coaster, the Corkscrew. One of my friends loves this ride (it’s his favorite in the park) and he now finds it funny that last year he was afraid of the ride until he tried it (afraid of going upside-down). Anyway, Corkscrew had a 10-15 minute wait. I give my props to Canobie for cleaning the gum off the station’s wall while going up the ramp. For years there had been a collection of gum there and they finally decided to remove it. Also, I noticed the new colors that Canobie is considering painting the Corkscrew (bright green and hot pink) and honestly I don’t like it. I don’t want the Corkscrew to lose its iconic paint job as the ride would just look crazy with those colors. We didn’t care where we sat and because the station seemed crowded, we decided to ride towards the middle (3rd car, 1st row). That was a big mistake. This row was considerably rougher than other rows as the first turnaround and first corkscrew both had more head-banging than other rows. Still, the ride is short and good for a ride or two at Canobie. 5 out of 10

Then we de
mrceagle

8/20/2007 3:05:11 PM
Sounds like you have a good day. Glad you were able to get another trip out to the park.

I take it you skipped the shows. you didn't mention any of them.
Canobie Coaster

8/20/2007 4:58:17 PM
Like I mentioned in the trip report, I saw Sergeant Fitness while in line for the Yankee Cannonball and a bit of the singing show also while in line for the Yankee Cannonball.
mrceagle

8/20/2007 10:56:10 PM
Sorry I remember reading that. I was surprised you said you didn't get any sensation on the pirata. It wasn't running a good length program but it was running well on my last trip.
Canobie Coaster

8/21/2007 8:31:33 AM
Yeah, I got nothing. Also, my friends I rode with mentioned that they remembered the ride being higher, faster, and more intense last year. Hopefully I just caught it on a bad day. I wonder if the power outage caused the ride to run a bit off after it reopened.
mrceagle

8/23/2007 3:24:59 AM
I would say you did. It wasn't operating very well last year.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics