Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Photo TR 8-4-07
mrceagle

8/13/2007 12:13:07 PM
Given I had 4 tickets left to use by the end of the year I made plans to visit Canobie. I went alone since every one else is busy. I ended up leaving at 10:00 and got to the park at 11:15 just after opening. The parking lot was already ¾ full when I arrived. Since I had my ticket I just walked right in with no delay.

The first thing I noticed is that the park got the new cover over the claw game and the photo cart has been set up to the left. They still have room for another addition between the two. They also added new fencing around it that looks great.

My first ride of the day was Frisbee. The Queue was full. So I hoped in line and 30 minutes later I was riding. I talked to a Family in back of me that had traveled from RI. Canobie seemed to the RI destination spot today because I ran into 3 other Families that have traveled from RI to spend the day. The ride was operating a program Similar to Tomahawk. Solid ride with good forces! The girl sitting next to me had never been on one before and was a bit freaked out. The park also moved the Speakers onto the scaffolding but you still couldn’t hear then on the ride while it was running.

Since I was by myself and didn’t have to make anyone wait I hoped on Corkscrew. I normally end up skipping it. The coaster was running pretty good this year. Some shaking heading into the first corkscrew but smoothed out after that. Much better then last year! They switched over to the black train this year which could be part of the reason.

I jumped on the Dragon coaster on my way to so Boston Tea Party since I was hot. I hoped in line 20 minute wait at that point but I got to skip 2 cars filling a single spot. The line moved quickly and I talked to a family who were at the park for the very first time, already good opinions. They were up form Worchester.

I hoped on Ocean trip since it had just been repaired and reopened. The ride is running so much better. Smooth movement and you get some solid sensations now. Well worth a ride. it is a Family attraction and not really thrilling but very enjoyable.

Call it a strange goal but I wanted to get pics of all the games in the park. So a bit of time was spent doing that. Many of the games have been rehabbed over the last few years and the booths repainted this year. The park has less then 30 games which isn’t too bad. The games should ever outnumber the rides in my opinion. I even spent some time playing them. I played Video Poker in the jackpot and Skeeball at the main skeeball building.
[url=http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg4993vx7.jpg][img]htt
Message updated 8/13/2007 5:37:42 PM by mrceagle
Canobie Coaster

8/13/2007 4:57:41 PM
Glad you enjoyed Canobie's shows and rides and had an all-around great time. Though it's nice to see the park crowded, it still is a bit depressing to see long lines in my opinion.
mrceagle

8/13/2007 5:33:41 PM
I agree and with a few more High capacity rides I think the lines wouldn't be so bad.

photos are being fixed now so I'm repost once they are fix.I forgot to change the case.

Shows TR coming up this afternoon!!!
Message updated 8/13/2007 5:38:15 PM by mrceagle
Canobie Coaster

8/13/2007 6:48:02 PM
Nice photos. Glad you got them up.
mrceagle

8/13/2007 7:15:20 PM
This site is Case sensitive. So if I don't Switch the code to lower case it won't process right. it's a major pain.
Shows post coming up in a few minutes.
Canobie Coaster

8/13/2007 7:24:31 PM
Can't wait to read the shows post.
mrceagle

8/13/2007 7:35:25 PM
It's posted. I realize I talked about a few rides with no Shots of it. Then I put other pics in its place. I have so many shots of those other rides i didn't need any more. all shots are form that one trip only.
Canobie Coaster

8/14/2007 7:06:45 AM
I just read your photos trip report.

Oh yeah and I'll be going to Canobie for the second time this year on Thursday with two of my friends.
mrceagle

8/14/2007 12:36:32 PM
Good th hear Glad your Bringing friends. If your Going Thursday you will also see the Canobie Talent search event.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics