Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Lake Compounce PTR ACE Day at the Lake
mrceagle

8/8/2007 6:58:29 PM
After Missing Quiet a few ACE events I Finally made plans to go to Lake Compounce for Ace’s Day at the Lake. We needed to get up early and get on the road. After 2.5 hours of Driving we arrived at around 11:00 am.

After arriving I ran ahead and got us signed in at the booth in the Tunnel. I then hoped over to Customer service to get a parking refund. Once we were all together he handed out tickets and went in. Nearly my whole Family had come; My Parents, brother, sister in law, my niece and myself on this trip.

Since my niece was 4 our first stop was Garfield’s Circuses World. My niece hoped the Motorcycles while my Brother, Sister in law and I went to Baulderdash. Boulderdash was running great. Only one train, the yellow one, operating at the start of the day. Later in the day they added the red train. The work done on the ride was a huge change even from my last trip 2 years ago. The coaster was flying offering fantastic air time and a mostly smooth ride. I can’t wait to ride the finished product next year.

We headed back to the kiddie land and on our way we got in line to hit Thunder & Lighting. The ride is unbelievable. The restraints were comfortable, the thrust smooth, and plenty of air time. Getting air time while looking to the ground is a bit unnerving but also very exiting.

We walked back down to kiddie land and meet up with my parents and my nice. All of us except my mom rode Garfield’s drop Zone. We then went over to the coaster. My brother and sister in law rode with my nice. It started to rain. That began a long stretch of a very exhausting day. My nice rode the caterpillar train while it rained. After a few rides it was still raining. It slowed a bit so we talked my parents into heading up to Ghost hut. I rode with my dad kicked his but.

My father Rain across the park, the plan was to meet them at the gift shop and buy Ponchos. Some how he managed to go right by it and we lost him. We eventually found him at the carousel.

After riding the carousel we went into the ball room to see “Rocking on Rt 66.” The show is very good. The characters didn’t make much sense. Why would the Book worm and geek of the school be going on the road trip with the cheerleader and jock? But other then that the show was reasonably long with allot of lighting. The shows finale was one of the best I have seen in any show.

The weather opted to cooperate and stopped as the show did. Used the good weather to head back across the park and hit Zoomer’s Gas N Go. The ride is a Morgan electric 50’s themed car ride. It was purchased from Miracle strip in FL. The ride is really enjoyable. I rode with my nice and let her drive. The cars speed is not controlled by you but you can still steer. Along your rout you go through a covered bridge, past a water fall, a bunch of bill boards, back though the covered bridge and through a Drive in.

The ride is very well themed and is one of the best landscaped areas within the park. They even take your picture. Well worth ri
Canobie Coaster

8/8/2007 9:20:25 PM
Very good trip report. I can't wait until I visit on Saturday. Sounds like Boulder Dash is running very well (maybe I'll get a good ride this time after 19 mediocre rides), while Wildcat sounds rougher than ever (I don't want the back). Too bad Rainbow Riders has that requirement about 1 adult. Maybe I can get on somehow, but I doubt it.
hrrytraver

8/8/2007 10:50:47 PM
i found wildcat to be rough, but that coaster really gets off to a great start. the first few drops and that crazy lateral slam after the drop out of the first turnaround were totally great. the ride peters out shortly after that great first sequence, imo. i don't understand why schmeck didn't end all of his coasters like the phoenix. it's seems to be the most exciting way possible to utilize the available energy as a coaster is winding down. the LC wildcat just died after the first couple maneuvers.
mrceagle

8/9/2007 1:59:31 AM
I agree it dose to a point. I think the rain had some to do with the bad ride. but the coaster is a nice design. Just needs work. I also forgot to mention there are now air gates instead of the swinging doors.
Canobie Coaster

8/10/2007 6:06:15 AM
Not surprised they added air gates. They were adding brakes too this year so I can see why they did two things at the same time.
mrceagle

8/10/2007 2:11:17 PM
The brakes aren't ready yet should be at the end of the month.
Canobie Coaster

8/11/2007 7:42:15 AM
So that means that there still will only be one train operating.
mrceagle

8/11/2007 6:37:35 PM
for your trip yes. They hope to have 2 trains operating before the end of the month. they need to install one more brake.
Canobie Coaster

8/12/2007 9:51:26 AM
I saw the new air-gates yesterday. Definitely an improvement over the old gates.
mrceagle

8/12/2007 12:16:49 PM
I have to agree definately a staffer set up they also allow you to pick seats now which is a plus.
Canobie Coaster

8/12/2007 4:41:07 PM
I know and that definitely makes the ride better to me. Still, the ride was rough and the ride still is a huge disappointment. I rode in the second row and despite how people said that seat is smoother than other seats, it still is a rough ride.
mrceagle

8/12/2007 10:58:21 PM
I had the Sh!t Kicked out of me on that ride. It really needs work.
Canobie Coaster

8/13/2007 7:30:29 AM
My dad came off the Wild Cat I think in 2001 and got a giant bruise from the ride back when it was "smoother". Now the ride is just plain rough.
mrceagle

8/13/2007 11:22:05 AM
I got a huge bruise on my leg I think it was from the Wildcat.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics