Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Camden Park/Dollywood Tips?
Timberman

7/28/2007 7:08:52 PM
MommaT and I are dropping off the young'un with the grandfolk and heading down to Gatlinburg after Labor Day, with a likely swing through Camden Park en route and a day or two at Dollywood. I've read some very good Dollywood trip reports, but I'm just wondering whether anyone has any advice they'd like to impart for the park or that area in general. I'm particularly intrigued with the Zorb attraction that I understand is there or on the way soon.
Message updated 7/28/2007 7:12:42 PM by Timberman
ginzo

7/29/2007 10:18:10 AM
Apparently Dollywood has a very cheap Q-bot system ($15 for two people). You might want to invest in that as the place does bring some crowds. Mystery Mine had 1+ hour waits. You really can't go wrong at Dollywood. The place has good rides, better than average food (a bit overrated to me, but I'm really picky), an unbeatable setting, a pretty decent staff, and creative and interesting theming. A few misc points:

1) The main road into Pigeon Forge is just a POS as far as traffic goes. Expect serious traffic jams most of the time, and if you're leaving when everyone else is leaving it could take you 2+ hours just to reach I-40. Staying near the park is a good idea.

2) Mountain slidewinder is a pretty darn fun water ride, but it's kinda out of the way. Try to hit it.

3) TN Tornado is easily the best Arrow looper I've been on.

4) The train is great, but they make you wait for fricken' ever (20+ minutes) before they send the train out, while they peddle soda and cotton candy to you. Annoying to wait that long, but the train is pretty much required if you haven't done it already.

5) Blazing Fury is best in the front seat.

6) Timber Tower breaks, a lot. Every time I queue up for that or the Disk'O they shut the ride down. Every time!

Message updated 7/29/2007 10:19:19 AM by ginzo
larrygator

7/29/2007 4:30:11 PM
T-Man: there is not really much to say about Camden Park. The only suggestion I give you is too not miss their Whip and also eat before or after you visit the park. Food selection is not a speciality.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics