Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Trip Report: Spain 2007
larrygator

7/27/2007 5:51:41 PM
Instead of typing a minute by minute itinerary of each day I'm just going to give my assessment of each park and their rides.

Isla Magica
The park is separated into many themed areas, some areas have more rides than others.
Sevilla, Peurto de Indias is the first section of the park. It consists mostly of shops along with a double decker carousel, relaxing boat ride and a strange tower ride.
El Desafio runs 10 different programs throughout the day. Some are mild (such as the observation deck mode I got stuck with) and others are more intense. The program changes hourly and they post it outside the queue, but we forgot to check the program before we got in line.

El Dorado section. El Dorado is a mythical city.
Dimension 4 was a 4D theater holding about 80 people. The park provided ERT and we show one great movie about a cat wandering around a haunted house. We have heard there are also showing the same movie at Blackpool Pleasure Beach this year. We saw a second movie (which we had also seen at Liseberg last year) The second movie wasn't so good.
Capitan Balas was a very well done shooter dark ride. Each car hold four riders all facing outward in opposite directions
Rapidos de Orinoco was a fun spinning raft ride with no guarantee of staying dry or getting wet.

also in this section of the park were swing rides, two more theaters and an exotic bird show.

La Guarida de Los Piratas section is Pirate Themed.
Los Toneles the spinning barrels were the only ride in the area. These were easy to spin and great speeds and ran for a long cycle.
There are a couple of shows and a play area in this small section of the park

Amazonia is Amazon themed and home to the largest coaster.
El Jaguar is a Vekoma SLC with a bonus helix at the end. Typical Vekoma hang and bang ride.
Also in Amazonia are two kids ride and the flume. I can not remember if we rode this flume.

Puerta de America is the next section and home to a most awesome chute the chutes boat ride.
Anaconda gives you two drops (most chute rides in Spain did) and will get you wet.
There was also a kiddie coaster El Tren de Potosi that we had to ride.
We also eat in this area of the park but sorry hrrytrvr, I don't recall what I ate. Which means it wasn't bad nor was it great.
Quetzal a Mayan themed area was the last area of the park with adult rides.
Ciklon is a Disk-o that runs a long cycle.
There is also a ride we missed Quetzal, La Furia de los Dioses which was a long tracked ride that that was described to us afterwards as indescribable.

Also at the park there is a separate kids section along with a small village that represents the area of Spain known as Andalusia.

It was a exhausting day as the temperature hit 114 that day. You think that's bad it was 127 yesterday in this area of Spain.

Parque de Atracciones Madrid
There were 4 themed sections to the park and while the rides were well themed the sections of the parks lacked in this area. Somewhere between Six Flags and Cedar Fair.
There are 3 adult coasters in the park:
Abismo is a x-Car coaster and much more enjoyable than G-Force at Drayton Manor in UK. It is a shorter ride and that is the reason I think it is better. As an x-Car goes through more elements the restraint tightens therefore to me the shorter ride made it better.
Tornado is an Intamin Invert. It looks like an SLC and runs only a little better.
Now Tarantula was the best coaster in the park. it is a spinning coaster from Mauer Sohne. Didn't spin consistently as well as Dragon's Fury in UK. Still a blast was each ride being a little different and a great drop through a mist filled tunnel.
Two small kiddie coaster were Turbulencia which was essentially a suspended Fiesta Express and Vagones Locos
Message updated 8/17/2007 11:46:37 PM by larrygator
Canobie Coaster

7/27/2007 10:15:27 PM
Great start to your trip report. Sounds like you had a great trip. Parque de Atracciones Madrid sounds like one heck of a great park.
hrrytraver

7/31/2007 2:42:26 PM
lrry-

i peaked at the tibidabo photos on TPR - whoa, that place looks awesome. i will not miss that if/when i go barcelona. quirky and a wicked locale wins w/ me.

wise decision to give barcelona a look. were you able to check out the unfinished "sagrada familia" cathedral?
larrygator

7/31/2007 3:55:06 PM
That crazy plane on a crane at Tibidabo is actually powered by the propeller. You and adrianha would love that park.

To get from Tibidabo to Barcelona we had to take a vernicual incline railway, to a streetcar and than a subway.

We only had 3 hours in Barcelona to roam. I used coaster05's tour book to navigate 10 people through Barcelona. We did walk around the outside of the Sagrada Familia gates but not inside.
coaster05

7/31/2007 4:23:44 PM
Larry my proclamation of Spains water rides is a fact.

Seriously to anyone planning on doing theme parks in Spain their water rides totally destroy their coaster collection. Their is no traditional flume in the US that even comes close to some of those in Spain. It IS the water ride capital of the world.
coasterf42

8/5/2007 8:46:16 AM
Germany looks to have good water rides too, but you guys have been there too. I wouldn't have thought that Spain could beat them.

Good trip report so far. The PTRs at TPR are getting a little, well, repetitive, so I appreciate the change in format.
larrygator

8/5/2007 3:30:49 PM
^Thank you I try to be informative so that people can use my experience to help them if the same opportunity arises.

When I'm done with the Spain portion, I'll start a new TR for the German portion of the trip.
larrygator

8/8/2007 11:17:28 PM
OK done with the Spain portion. I'll start on the Germany Trip next week. Feel free to ask questions.
coasterf42

8/9/2007 8:15:32 PM
Didn't Robb claim Coaster Express as Spain's SOB or something like that?

I wasn't expecting anyone to like it!
larrygator

8/10/2007 12:52:11 AM
He was not a big fan before this trip. However, even he agreed the ride is running 100 times better than his last visit.

That's why I always say ride every coaster no matter how bad people think it will be. You just never know.
hrrytraver

8/10/2007 1:27:17 AM
Quote:
larrygator said:

That's why I always say ride every coaster no matter how bad people think it will be. You just never know.

good damn point. that might become my new signature, larry.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics