Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author How was Spain??
PhantomNik

7/27/2007 2:24:25 PM
I know this was briefly touched on in the Favorite Non-US Parks thread, but since I haven't seen any trip reports yet, I was very curious how Spain was for those who went (larry, coaster05, etc). I know from some of the pictures I've seen that some Spain parks look amazing! How long was the trip? What was the coaster that you thought was Spain's best? How was the theming at the Spain parks? As a whole, how would you rate Spain as a roller coaster/park country vs. the UK? It sounded like you guys had a blast, and I'm very intrigued by some of the many parks outside the US! Would you consider Spain to be a must for coaster enthusiasts wanting to experience parks outside the US?

--------------------
I'd rather be coaster riding!
larrygator

7/27/2007 4:24:50 PM
^I really wanted to write a TR by now but have been quite busy at work. Also, I was stupid this year and didn't take a lot of mental and audio notes so a lot of the trip blended togethers but here is my brief synopsis.

As a coaster destination Spain is not at the top of the list, especially with woodies. However, as an amusement park destination I have no compaints. Also as a cultural destination, Spain is phenomal. Great food, friendly people, beautiful country and prices cheaper than UK, Germany or Scandanavia.

Port Aventura might be the best themed park and Parque Warner in Madrid is no slouch either.

Some very good flats, dark rides and the best water rides (coaster05 might end up elaborating more on this).

On the coaster side I enjoyed the following in order:
1) - Superman (Floorless at Parque Warner)
2) - Tarantula (Spinning coaster at Parque Attractiones Madrid)
3) - Dragon Khan (B&M at Port Aventura, I really expected to like it more)
4) - Batman (Batman the ride clone at Parque Warner Madrid)
5) - Ramses (A weird shuttle coaster at Parque Attractiones Zaragoza)
6) - Coaster Express (A woodie at Parque Warner Madrid)
7) - Stunt Fall (Deja Vu clone at Parque Warner)
8) - Absimo - (X-car at Parque Attractiones Madrid)
9) - Furius Baco (at Port Aventura, could be rated higher if you only sit on the inside)

those are the ones worth mentioning.

However, with the extra 4 days in Germany/Netherlands that's where we rode some great coasters
Heibe Fahrt at Klotten
Expedition Ge Force at Holiday Park
Black Mamba and Winjas at PhantasiaLand
Troy at Toverland
These ones along with Superman were the top 6 of the trip
Canobie Coaster

7/27/2007 6:44:01 PM
I'm glad you had a great trip. How do these coasters compare to the ones you have ridden in the US?
larrygator

7/27/2007 7:36:47 PM
I will compare similar coasters

Some say Expedition GeForce is as good as S:ROS. But it was heavily braked so I still prefer S:ROS along with a couple of other steels in the US

Winjas and Tarantula are better than any spinners in the US

Black Mamba is excellently themed. Some of the trip found it less intense than others B&Ms. I don't find other B&Ms more intense. I rank it behind Top Gun Jet Coaster and Montu

Dragon Khan is not as good as Kumba

Superman at Parque Warner is my second favorite floorless behind Superman Krypton Coaster.

Troy is my second favorite GCI behind Thunderhead and a little better than Kentukcy Rumbler.

There is nothing like Heibe Fahrt is the US. An airtime machine, this little Gerstlauer.

--------------------
My signature has been hijacked!

Poop happens! That's why man invented toilet paper.
Message updated 7/27/2007 7:37:25 PM by larrygator
Canobie Coaster

7/27/2007 9:51:34 PM
What do you like more about the Mauer-Sohne spinners compared to the Gerstlauer ones and others? Is it the layout, the cars, the theming, or all of them?
larrygator

7/27/2007 11:48:00 PM
^the spinning
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics