Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land Trip Report Opening day
mrceagle

6/9/2007 8:18:11 PM
Our trip was going to be a larger on today. We were meeting up with my brother and new sister in law at the park. I was talking the trip with my parents and my niece. My parents normally find a way to make us later feeling they shouldn’t have to rush. We didn’t get to the a park till 12:30.

We all got season passes. They were $62.00 a person. No word on weather they could be used at Lake Compounce or other Kennywood parks. There was a small line. They were getting a larger demand for Season passes so they were doing the photo’s in one of the Crooked houses and you picked up your Season pass in the customer service area. The day was very busy for an opening weekend. The busiest I had ever seen it. As is we had to park in the back part of the parking lot.

We went after the rides heading up the hill to the CockooClockinspeil. Great ride as usual. We all hoped down to the Poller coaster for a couple of rides. My nice rode with me on one of them. Since it is a family park with a focus towards Children, it is very deferent Going with a child then simply for the park itself.

My niece and I went on the flying shoes which she not only asked for but asked for me to bring her. After a nice Flight we made our way to the Bamboo chutes. My niece and I sat in the front and my father took the back. My brother and sister in law hoped in the next boat. After We bout our On-ride Photos Got a surprise

The Surprise was my father actually said it was OK that my nice can go on Dr. Geysers Remarkable raft ride. He insisted on riding as well. It was a worm day not too hot but getting a little wet would be nice. Some elements like the Rain machine and some sprayers were turned down so you didn’t get as wet. But the Water Geysers were shutting hard. While we didn’t come of Soaked we were reasonably wet. My niece seemed to like the ride watching all the sets go by and spraying here uncles and grandpa.

Now my brother got marries at the park the week before. The word had got out and many of the employees were watching for them and giving congrats. We made our way back to the back end of the park to the farm area. We rode the crazy barn. Then cooled of in one of the park many mist tents. We then rode on the Tractor ride. The girls running the loading area I had seen the week before. She had come in early from Singapore for the summer work program.

After that we walked back down the hill into the Oceans of fun area. After a Spin on the Turtle Twirl Ride My nice wanted a Snack, so we Walked across to Light house Snacks. We ordered 3 hotdogs, 2 Large Souvenir cups (22oz) and an ice tea for a total of $10.75.

Since the park closed at 5 today we didn’t have much time left. We walked around to the Carousel, My brother, Sister, and I went to ride the Pirate ship while my parents and Niece went to ride the train. We were able to get one more ride on the Coaster before they closed for the day. We took the long way around and my nice played at the tree house playground till around 6:00 before we left for the day.

Though a short trip it was a nice day. Despite the larger crowds lines were more then 20 minutes for the rides. They were really good all day about filling seats. I can’t for my next trip and look forward to seeing how the park grows under Kennywoods ownership. Right now I know they only plan to give the park a good warsh!

Camera Phone Photo’s coming soon

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Canobie Coaster

6/10/2007 7:35:12 AM
Great to hear you and your niece had a nice time. By the way, generally how long are the lines for the Flying Fish?
mrceagle

6/11/2007 5:33:34 PM
A full queue will get on within 30 minutes if lines are loading slow. They tend to have 2 employees on them to speed things up.
mrceagle

6/24/2007 6:06:47 PM
Trip Photos:

A story book Marks your entrance to the Story town area.

You'll Com across your favorite Stories like The 3 Little Pigs

enjoy a swashbuckling adventure on the Buckner Pirate ship

Come assure at the Oceans of Fun area:

Cool off in the Oceans of fun Spray-ground

Or take a Spin on the Turtle Twirl

Who doesn't like food on a day in the park:

There are a number of areas to eat at great prices!

One of the most beautiful areas of the park is the Dutch Village:

Get wet on Dr Geyser's Remarkable raft ride. Surprisingly wet for a family raft ride. Hopkins #3 raft ride.
Message updated 6/24/2007 6:34:49 PM by mrceagle
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics