Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park TR 6/7/07
Canobie Coaster

6/9/2007 5:46:57 AM
Having not been to my home park yet this year, I figured that it was time to visit it. I left for Canobie Lake Park fairly early and arrived around 9:45, fifteen minutes before the park opens. Only a few school buses arrived in the parking lot before me. The new main entrance is much bigger and better than the original one. Personally the main entrance fits in very well with the park's overall atmosphere and was definitely worth removing the old pool for. With the look of the new main entrance, lines to get into the park probably won't be as long.

Once inside Canobie Lake Park, I instantly noticed Canobie's new ride this year. The Xtreme Frisbee occupies the land where Canobie's old Galaxy/Rockin' Rider once stood. Canobie's new thrill ride was a Huss frisbee with a vibrant paint job. I'm sure Canobie will finish theming the ride, but when I visited it had giant steel scaffholding standing in front of the ride. At the top was a massive sign that says "Xtreme" and I was surprised to see a picture of the Mona Lisa towards the far right of the scaffholding (since DaVinci painted it, it seems wierd that DaVinci's Dream wouldn't have that photo). The picture looked out of place right now, but we'll see what Canobie does in the future. Ride cycles were well around 2 1/2 to 3 minutes and people came off very happy with the ride, and lines were around 5-15 minutes all day. Even with the high demand the lines moved quickly because of fast loading and the ride's incredible 40 passengers per cycle. However, I skipped the Xtreme Frisbee because I dislike large rides with the rocking motion (swinging ships, revolutions, sky masters).

The park was still pretty empty, so I decided to ride the Rowdy Roosters since it was one of the rare times that I have ever seen it being a walk-on. Like every year the Rowdy Roosters had a long circuit and was a very fun ride even though motions are restricted by a chain.

Afterwards I wanted to ride the Policy Pond Log Flume before its lines got long. Once I got over it was still a walk-on. It didn't look like the Canobie had all of the Log Flume's logs running yet because its early in the season. Canobie's Log Flume is still one of my favorite log flumes out there because of the ground-hugging course and great final drop. I came off mildly wet and didn't choose to buy a souvenir photo.

Canobie still wasn't crowded, so I decided to ride the Tall Timber Splash Water Coaster before its lines got long like they usually do. After a long hike to the top of the tower, I chose the "wet" side because I didn't have my bathing suit. It was another walk-on. This year I seemed to get wetter on this side than ever, as I came off drenched. After reaching the bottom I decided to try the so-called "wetter" side. It was another walk-on. The “wetter” side shocked me. Despite its title, I didn't even get even a little bit wet. Even groups of two came off dry, which seemed very odd for this ride. Hopefully this is just an early-season fluke and not a frequent occurrance.

Then I decided to ride Canobie's dark ride, the Mine of Lost Souls. It was also a walk-on. All of the mine's effects were up and running, but it just seemed to be a bit darker than it has been in previous years. Canobie's dark ride still is fun for a ride here and there when it has no wait.

I then popped into Canobie's arcade (the one in the near the Mine of Lost Souls), which I rarely ever do at any park, and looked around. Many of the games weren't working and seemed pretty dated.

Then I decided to head towards the other side of the park since all of the rides were now opened. On the way over I decided to ride Dodgem. Unfortunately the ride broke down just as I entered the line. I left the line and headed towards Wipeout, which also was down. Apparently the ride had a big enough problem to keep the ride down all day. Workers were underneath Wipeout. Also, the star generally on the ride’s center was rem
mrceagle

6/9/2007 10:38:02 PM
Not too sure about the circuits they seem to make many of them shorter and in the past School group days were normally longer circuits and double rides. But unfortunately they seem to be reacting to some rides lack of capacity. but the Bumper cars doesn't seem to be one that needs. it.

The Gift shot attached to the new entrance is owned by the park. There were some Yankee cannonball shirts with the same logo as the pin, magnet, and train front on the. But there were only a hand full left. Hopefully they will have on on your next trip.

Sounds like you enjoyed the days smaller crowds. Always good to get on with no wait of a short wait. I know of a school group that canceled a trip planed for that day and moved it up a day so that helped.

Frisbee had a couple more things being added but unfortunately right now the ride is WYSIWYG.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Message updated 6/9/2007 10:38:29 PM by mrceagle
Jackson001

4/2/2024 5:13:01 AM
Canobie Lake Park TR, nestled in Salem, New Hampshire, is a beloved destination for families and thrill-seekers alike. This historic amusement park offers a plethora of attractions, from classic rides to adrenaline-pumping roller coasters. Visitors can create lasting memories while exploring the park's diverse entertainment options and indulging in delicious treats from various vendors. For enthusiasts seeking adventure, Canobie Lake Park TR is a must-visit destination. For more information, visit https://myfavouriteplaces.org/.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics